PC Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

janardan

Right off the assembly line
I am having P III - 866 Mhz configuration. Motherboard is Kobian 815eFSX with 512 MB RAM. Recently I upgraded the PC with 80 GB drive and replaced old 128 MB RAM with new 2 X 256 MB of RAM modules and upgraded the OS from Win-98 to Win XP. The PC I am using is since almost seven years. Now I am facing the problem while booting. Sometimes the CPU Fan starts but PC does not get booted at all after many attempts. Sometimes I refit the Memory modules back in the slots after cleaning and it gets booted.

What could be the exact problem?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
U've upgraded HDD and RAM. But u've not mentioned whether u've upgraded the PSU also. Old PSU may be the reason. Ur new hdd and RAM might be requiring more power which ur old PSU is not able to supply.

Again, are both the RAM modules are of same frequency?

OP
J

janardan

Right off the assembly line
The PC gets booted sometimes means the RAM modules are working finely. Not upgraded the PSU. But for all the peripherals which a machine can support, PSU can support all those. No need to upgrade the PSU

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The PC gets booted sometimes means the RAM modules are working finely.
No, that doesnot mean anything. As ur PC boots sometimes, it means ur PC has some problems.
Not upgraded the PSU. But for all the peripherals which a machine can support, PSU can support all those. No need to upgrade the PSU
NOw, what does this mean? A PSU will always support all the peripherals in ur PC, but may not be able to supply power to all of them.
Just like a 350WATT psu will support ur system, but to run swiftly ur ideal PSU requirement may be 450WATT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom