PC around 20k-25k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vensanga

Journeyman
My auntie plans to buy a PC around 20k-25k.can you suggest a good confi..
here's my suggestion..
Intel Core2duo Processor 2.8
Mainboard ???????
1 gb RAM or 2 gb
500gb Sata or 320gb
DVD writer
LCD 19 monitor
Without Spreaker, UPS and Grafixs..
Can u pliz tell me about the prizes and any good suggestion before im buying it..

techygeek

Broken In
Core 2 Duo 2.80Ghz E7400 5675
Asus P5KPL CM 2500
2 x Kingston DDR 2 1 GB 800 Mhz 775 x2 =1550
Western Digital Sata 2 500 GB (32 MB Buffer) 2750
Samsung 20x SATA SH-203B 1200
Dell LCD 19'' 1909W 7200

Total Approx 20k

otpsurvive

Broken In
Here's what I have in mind for that budget:
Athlon II X2 250, Radeon HD 4670, 780G chipset based MoBo, Cabinet+SMPS, 19" LCD Monitor, KB+Mouse, DVD-RW, but if you could flex your budget a little, go for the 4770 (40nm) or the 4850 - more value for money.

acewin

Point Blanc
go with amd, for multimedia performance it will surely come out better than intel, 780G chipset is far better than G31 G41 G45, i.e X3100 or X4500HD gfx.
n guys give the quote to the person properly u r missing out a few things. He said no gfx

@Vensanga, where r u from,
m doing lil copy paste from other thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1139311&postcount=32

X2 250 == 4.5K
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2HP AMD 780G + SB700 Chipset : Rs.4775 - Rs.4600 - Rs.4750
Single chip of 2GB RAM (Corsair>Kingston >Transcend)
Samsung 2033SW 20" LCD Monitor @ 7.2k (even dell 20" is same priced, n both r very good, so no 2nd thoughts for nything pick urself which brand u wanna go with. If Dell place the order online)

3 suitable cabinets prices taken from our lates prices thread, thanks to comp@ddict. I have put ** beside my preferences
Zebronics Bijli @ 1.5K
Zebronics Antibiotic @ 2.5k
Cooler Master Elite 334 @ 1.8k **

PSU,
Powersafe 500W Silver @ 1.8k
Powersafe 500W Gold @ 2.4k
Zebronics 550W Pro @ 3k **
Cooler Master 500W ExP @ 2.9k **

HDD -
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB HDD @ 3.1k
Western Digital 500GB SATA HDD @ 2.7k
Western Digital 640GB SATA HDD @ 3.4k **

DVD Burner
Samsung/Sony SATA burner >> 1.1/1.3K
Keyboard mouse combo from logitech/microsoft - .7-.8K

calculating cost as per my preferences
4.5 + 4.7 + 1.1 + 7.2 + 1.8 + 2.9 + 3.4 + 1.1 + .7 = 27.4K,
lower your prices by buying Powersafe PSU, but buy 500W one if u wanna run system for very long, with latter addons of HDD or any other hardware. and the config I have given is with all quality parts.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
@Vensanga
if you revisit this thread, just keep in mind that it is better to mention the purpose for which the PC will be used mainly. When I read its your auntie buying the PC I thought it would be more for movies & TV, but you said no speakers. So it is not clear whether she has speakers or the PC would be used just for some official work and internet browsing. Spending Rs. 25000 on a pc for document editing is a waste of money, she can get PC, more than fit for that purpose within 20000.
The fact is, if you go to a shop and tell them that your budget is around 25000 but you ask for average components, they are likely to inflate prices & give a pc which would actually cost 2 to 3k lesser. So a PC must not only be built around a budget, but also the purpose.

OP
Vensanga

Vensanga

Journeyman
@Vensanga
if you revisit this thread, just keep in mind that it is better to mention the purpose for which the PC will be used mainly. When I read its your auntie buying the PC I thought it would be more for movies & TV, but you said no speakers. So it is not clear whether she has speakers or the PC would be used just for some official work and internet browsing. Spending Rs. 25000 on a pc for document editing is a waste of money, she can get PC, more than fit for that purpose within 20000.
The fact is, if you go to a shop and tell them that your budget is around 25000 but you ask for average components, they are likely to inflate prices & give a pc which would actually cost 2 to 3k lesser. So a PC must not only be built around a budget, but also the purpose.
Thanks alot for your concern but wat i mean by no speaker is that we can decide wat speaker to buy and cannot decide on the other configurations..we have already decide wat speaker to buy and other small small things,my main request was the configuration of the CPU..Neway thnks alot for considering..

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
saw that, that's what i was saying, if one doesn't know the purpose, how can he give the right config. I will give you an example. If the computer is mainly meant for movies and TV etc. we would suggest a gfx card like nvidia geforce 9500 or 9400, but if its only going to be used for office purpose, gfx card is not needed. one more example, if you love to listen to songs, we would allocate a higher portion of the budget to speakers, but if you would rarely listen to songs, stereo speakers would suffice. So people don't understand these things, that's why I wrote all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom