PayPal offering Virtual Credit Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In the zone
Guys, check this out!

Quote:
PayPal is rolling out a new virtual credit card payment service called "PayPal Secure Card" on Tuesday. This new feature will enable customers to make payments on sites which don’t accept PayPal. They have partnered with MasterCard to generate one-use MasterCard number that can be utilized to make the payment.

PayPal will provide a browser plugin along with PayPal Secure Card, which will recognize an e-commerce checkout page and automatically fill-up all your credentials to make the payment faster and easier. Windows users using Internet Explorer or Firefox will be able to take full advantage of the service, whereas Mac users running Safari will only have partial access, according to Reuters.

For merchants, the transaction will appear as an ordinary credit card transaction, but for users the funds will be deducted from their PayPal balance. It is not clear whether PayPal plans on charging any fee for this service.

This move seems to be a response to Google’s Checkout, which stores user’s financial information for making online payments more secure. PayPal Secure Card will be available to all US users of PayPal on Tuesday (tomorrow), and soon they’ll open it up for international users. Last year, PayPal did a beta test of Secure Card in which over 3 million PayPal users participated.

This service will be very beneficial for users who don’t have a credit card and totally rely on PayPal for online payments. For those who already have credit card, this service removes the hassle of giving your actually credit card details online.

Source: *tech-buzz.net/2007/11/19/paypal-to-offer-virtual-credit-card-for-non-paypal-payments/

Login to your PayPal account and download the PayPal Plugin. You will be able to create Virtual Credit Cards. Currently this feature is available for US residents only. Hope they will introduce it for Indian accounts also.

Cheers :)

choudang

Padawan
NetSafe from HDFC bank,

rest of the amt or unused amt will be credited into the a/c after three (3) days.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
This is want i was waiting.i cant get a credit card.now i think i can.
Move your google adsense revenue to paypal and use this virtual creditcard to book tickets for local theatre..cool huh.
All major banks can s-ck for their hefty charger for credit card holders

abhimi

Broken In
Netsafe is a virtual credit card service from HDFC bank. You should have a visa Debit or credit of Hdfc bank.. For further info, please visit *hdfcbank.com/personal/payments/netsafe.htm

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Google adsense doesnt offer paypal transfers as of now. But u can try Yahoo Publisher, they got option to transfer the amount to your paypal account.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
cool_techie_tvm said:
Google adsense doesnt offer paypal transfers as of now. But u can try Yahoo Publisher, they got option to transfer the amount to your paypal account.

1) You need to be a US Citizen ( for now )
2) Your traffic must be majorly from the US.

shashank4u

Youngling
Netsafe is the best option IMO again there are times when netsafe just dont work in that case paypal will be useful..

And i don't think becoming a yahoo publisher is that much easy when compared to google

hullap

Cyborg Agent
looks like a good idea
[offtopic]hmmmmmmmmmmmmm how do you remember the no of m in ur id. :) [/offtopic]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom