Negative Experience Pathetic customer service..@ snapdeal.. no ownership

Alive_Hunter

In the zone
I had ordered 1TB WD Blue some 25 days back @ snapdeal.. . thers were some 5 sellers available on sanpdeal.

But the HDD i received after 4 days was WD GREEN 1TB.. (i knew there was a shortage of the Blue ones ib the market thats the only reason i choose to purchase it from snapdeal...)
I called up the helpline no., are the reason .. they said it was a mistake.. and asked me "Do I want a replacement or a Refund." .. i told them to cross check with seller and then process the replacement.
don't know if they cross checked with the seller or Not.. but they processed the replacement and a reverse pickup.

the pickup process took another 4 days to be completed and then another 4 days for the replacement to arrive...
To my horror .. the 2nd one was also the 1T WD GREEN ..WRONG HDD for the 2nd time....
Again called up the Helpline and repeated the complete story .. again I was asked "Do U want a replacement or a Refund." ..
Bu this time I CLEARLY told them I want a Replacement but please do not process it .. first call up the seller and take a confirmation from him abt the availability and then call me back to to check if i want a Replacement...

But they processed the replacement without even calling me back.. and arranged for a reverse pickup.

Again the reverse pick and the replacement arrived... and I had a BIG SHOCK... it was again the WD GREEN 1 TB.. Wrong Product...

Now the best part of Snapdeal Customer service....
I called the helpline... post a complaint.. asked them to give me answer to 2 of my question :
(1) Wht is the reason for the error..
(2) Is the right product actually in stock with the seller.
Guess wht !! the reply I got was ... "Sir, Do U want a replacement or a Refund." .. anyways...

Mean while I posted a tweet on twitter to the Owner of Snapdeal... saying .. “3rd time wrong product from snapdeal.. but no solution” .. Immediately i got a reply saying they will call me next morning on Urgent basis to resolve the issue.. but... I waited the whole day .. no one called up.. so i decided to re-tweet..
This time I re-tweeted the Owner and also added Flipkart, Amazon in the loop... Immediately I got a call from some person saying he is Head of Customer Relationship...and direct reporting to CEO.. he promised me to resolve the issue .. and said he will be a single point contact for my issue..

Bu then nobody called me back for 3 days... in turn I again called the helpline and placed a request to ask that person to call me back... but nothing happend. The story don’t end here... more to go....
After a day I called the helpline and asked the status of my order .. the executive said that the product was out of stock and refund is being processed...
But in next 1 hour I received an SMS saying the product is ready for Shipping and and will send the tracking no. in sometime....

I immediately I called Snapdeal.. and said enough of this and now i don’t need the product .. pls refund.. they said the product is being shipped and they cannot stop it now.. pls refuse the delivery when I receive and then they will process the refund...

Next 3 days .. nothing happened ... and then i received one more SMS saying .. there is a delay in shipping the product .. it will be shipped in next 3 days and then they will give the tracking no.

This was irritating ... mean while I called a vendor in Lamington road, Mumbai @ morning 11am and conformed the availability of the WD Blue and asked him for Home delivery .. evening 6pm I was having the Product in Hand.

Anywys .. after all this drama .. I logged in my Snapdeal account and click the Cancel my order ... Immedialtly i got an SMS conformation abt the cancelation.. and the next day the refund was in my bank account...

Also FYI.. all the product (HDD .. a sensitive electronics item) received were jus wraped in a single Bubble Wrap and then in a plastic snapdeal bag...

SO IN SHORT ... PLS NEVER EVER ORDER FROM SNAPDEAL... Pathetic customer service.. Pathetic Packaging..
BTW.. jus to let you know... ebay is holding approx 50% shares in snapdeal....

Top Bottom