Passport problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renny

Padawan
Docs needed:

Address proof - Voter ID (No problen here)
Non ECR proof - SSLC marks card (have it, but problematic)
Date of birth (DOB) proof - Birth certificate (have it, but problematic)

The problem is that the birth dates mentioned on my birth certificate and SSLC marks card differ by exactly a month.

Options:

1. Changing DOB on birth certificate (How? By court order or what?)
2. Chaning DOB on marks cards, PAN card, Aadhar etc. (very tough)?
3. Get Non-availibility-certificate made (but will I get it since I have my birth certificate)?
4. Explain situation to officials at Passport office and hope they make my passport?
5. Any other method?

Windows

Journeyman
i. Visit your local municipality and discuss the matter with the concerned person. Go through the procedure informed by him and file an application for getting the date of birth changed in your date of birth certificate.
ii. Alternatively file a civil suit in the Court of your Jurisdiction. In this civil suit submit all relevant proof of your date of birth and prove that the date of birth on the date of birth certificate is incorrect and seek directions from the court to the concerned authorities (usually local municipal in most of the states) to correct the date of birth on your date of birth certificate and issue a fresh date of birth certificate to you.
How can i change my Date of Birth in Certificates?

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
1) you can make a court affidavit by any lawyer. There mention the DOB as written in your CERTIFICATES.

2) NO WAY

3)TROUBLESOME

4) DO NOT EVER TRY THAT

iinfi

mekalodu
its easier to get ur sslc marks card DOB changed if u r in the same city and the board still exists ... i m assuming u passed only a few years ago and the data they have can be retrieved easily (means computerized) .....
u will be asked to go back and forth few times .. but still its possible to get it done ...

btw which from board did u do ur sslc?

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
The DOB in the birth certificate is correct and is mentioned to be May 1st. Also the date of creation of the birth certificate is May 10th.

Whereas the DOB in other places (marks card, etc.) is June 1st. So how can I say my DOB is June 1st when the above birth certificate says otherwise.

Can the DOB be changed in this case (since there is no clerical error, and original is available)?

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
No need to show the birth certificate.
Just show marks card as the DOB proof . :)

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
^Not possible mate, those born after January 1989 must show Birth Certificate as DOB proof. It says so in their site and the CC agent also said the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom