partitions not detected.. help pls

arian29

In the zone
my system has a 500gb hdd. partitions > c,d,e,f,g... c and d are under 100gb where as the rest of the partitions are larger than 100 gb. os- xp sp2. now i messed up my os and reinstalled it. win xp sp2, however now i am not able to see the partitions e,f and g. Please help.... theres lots of data in then which i cant afford to loose.. everything was working fine earlier but this time xp isnt detecting thos partitions...

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
use utilities like Partition magic (by power quest) or EASEUS Partition Master. they will surely help you take control on your HDD

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
the dos commands did not show anything...
partition magic aint helping
screenshot of disk management >>
*img339.imageshack.us/img339/3853/issuei.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

thenishant

Right off the assembly line
You really messed up! Your 337.77 GB unallocated is your lost partitions. sadly, your Drive D contains almost nothing. I really home that you can still recover your lost data but don't know how.

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
I suggest you to try linux live CD and just hope you may find the data intact but if you have really messed up and aren't telling clearly then then then .....

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
yippieeee ! i recovered all the data from the lost partition.. thanks to Steller data recover . thanks to u all :)

Top Bottom