duke123

In the zone
i tried to partition my laptop harddisk using paragon partition manager...but i got the message already four partitions are there so unable to create more partition...is there any ways to create more than four partitions....

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
You can only create 4 Primary Partition. But you can as much as logical partitions.

So create a extended partition and under that create as much as logical partition you want.

*i.imgur.com/7OYIg.jpg

See, For Eg., I have created 4 Partition of which first 3 are Partition and last one Extended Partition as only 4 Partition can be created.

Now I have created 2 Logical Partition and some Free Space is there too under the Extended Partition. Here you can create any number of Logical Partition under Extended Partition.

So For Eg., If you have a 500 GB HDD. Assume First 3 Partitions to be Primary and of 60GB Each. Now create a Extended Partition of rest 320GB, as only 4 partitions can be created and this last one needs to extended in order to create more partition.

Now under this 320GB extended partition create as much as logical partition you want.

Shoaibq

Broken In
You can only create 4 Primary Partition. But you can as much as logical partitions.

So create a extended partition and under that create as much as logical partition you want.

*i.imgur.com/7OYIg.jpg

See, For Eg., I have created 4 Partition of which first 3 are Partition and last one Extended Partition as only 4 Partition can be created.

Now I have created 2 Logical Partition and some Free Space is there too under the Extended Partition. Here you can create any number of Logical Partition under Extended Partition.

So For Eg., If you have a 500 GB HDD. Assume First 3 Partitions to be Primary and of 60GB Each. Now create a Extended Partition of rest 320GB, as only 4 partitions can be created and this last one needs to extended in order to create more partition.

Now under this 320GB extended partition create as much as logical partition you want.

Thanks Krish..
but i didnt get the steps..i m confused..

I m pasting my disk stats..
*i.imgur.com/nIy0z.jpg

I want to free some space from C drive and make 1-2 partitions of the free space..
I tried to shrink C drive and then tried to create new partition of the free space its giving error..
So extended C back..
Can u please tell step wise wat to do?

aswin1

Journeyman
Install Easeus partition master free edition. Right click on the partition you want to divide further and click convert to logical. Then use resize wizard to make further partitions. Don't try this on C drive .

Shoaibq

Broken In
Install Easeus partition master free edition. Right click on the partition you want to divide further and click convert to logical. Then use resize wizard to make further partitions. Don't try this on C drive .

Thats the point..want to partition free some space from C drive n then partition it..

kisame

King of Heroes
^In your case,you already have 4 primary partitions.You have to delete any one partition to create en extended partition.Its up to you which partition you want to delete.
OffTopic:This is the reason I dont like HP laptops.They just make partitions without any consideration.Near 445 GB C drive.WTF??

nacthy

Right off the assembly line
for such a situation you could convert one of the non-important partition to logical partition with a special software Partition Assistant, currently I only know this software could do this without data loss, and then you could create more partitions on this drive, here is a download link from CNET : Aomei Partition Assistant Home Edition - CNET Download.com
hope it help.:wink:

aswin1

Journeyman
Here is the way to create partition in C . First backup your data. Right click on C in Easeus Partition Master and choose resize/move. Move the slider from right to left so that C remains the first partition and choose the size of the new partition. Click apply. You'll get a smaller C drive and an unpartitioned space. Right click on the space and choose create partition and click apply. You got your new logical partition which you can divide further.

Top Bottom