• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Partitioning your hard drive in Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

illusionist

Right off the assembly line
Hey i bought a new hd of Segate 1TB now i've installed it in my pc and ti is working properly bt the thing is that now i want to create a partition in that hd and i m not getting it...
In disk management it is showing me "Simple Volume" (with a mustard color icon) and when i right click the volume it shows me these options - "Open, Explore, Change Drive Letter and Paths, Delete Volume, Properties, Help"..
Now can any 1 tell me that how to create partition in that hd... Pls help...

Nice post ^^ but i prefer partitioning using Gparted via Ubuntu . It is very advanced and gives the option to create linux as well as windows partitons .Shrinking volume sometimes create issues as it requires 75 %+ of free disk space .I did it in my frnds lappy and after that i had to recover Vista ;) as i shriked C:\ drive with 72% or so free disk space .

@illusionist : Delete the volume and right click and click add new , put the size,format it to Ntfs and proceed. Remember to make all your partitions as logical as there is a limit of 4 Primary partitions. Dont get wound up in that ;) . Unallocated space will appear if you go beyond the limit of primary partitions while creating them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom