Partial Upgrade for 15k required.

monkey

Padawan
Hi,

My signature below mentions my current system. Now the mobo's BIOS is giving some trouble. Mobo is 5 years old and hence I am not interested in getting it repaired (servicing it through MSI will take atleast 10 days). Hence I want to replace old components with the following components:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 435
MoBo: MSI GF615M - P33
RAM: 4GB (Corsair)
HDD: Seagate 1TB
Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Plus

My requirement is some gaming (medium settings) and video editing (Nero and Ashampoo). My budget is around 15-16k. This system will be more of a fill-gap before I go for genuine power-rig (in 8-10 months).

Are the components shortlisted by me good enough? Also, how much (money) can I expect from the components which I will discard. Apart from the mobo all other components are working flawlessly and have no trouble.

Thanx.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 435

any X3. preferably X3 440.

MoBo: MSI GF615M - P33

Biostar TA785G3+

RAM: 4GB (Corsair)

check price difference between Kingston & Corsair before simply opting for corsair.

HDD: Seagate 1TB

check Samsung F3 Eco. its a bargain at that price.

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Plus

:?:

Total: ~17k (if you consider my options)

Are the components shortlisted by me good enough? Also, how much (money) can I expect from the components which I will discard. Apart from the mobo all other components are working flawlessly and have no trouble.

expect around 4k (2k for ram).

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
get kingston 2*2gb 1333mhz ddr3 for 5.6k... price diff. b\w it and corsair is of about 0.8k-1k....

no need to get cm hyper 212 plus.... get it when you get your new system....

and go with bio* mobo suggested by sam.... d0nt go with nvidia.... bio* mobo is pure vfm get can beat the hell out of MSI GF615M - P33....

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
in features mainly. as OP already have a 9800GTX+

That is the reason I opted for nvidia chipset based MoBo. I am comfortable with nvidia drivers especially while using linux.

BTW how is the OC potential of the nvidia-chipset based mobos?

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Can you fill the below questionnaire so i can suggest you a good config!
1. What is your MAX budget?
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
3. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
4. Planning to overclock?
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
7. What resolution will the screen run at?
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
1. What is your MAX budget? 16k
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why? yes
3. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that) games (medium settings - typically@ 1280x1024 resolution), video editing (use Nero/Ashampoo/DivX converter)
4. Planning to overclock? yes (but only sometimes)
5. Which OS are you planning to use? Win7 / Linux
6. How much hard drive space is needed? 500GB or above
7. What resolution will the screen run at? 1280x1024
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest) 8
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler? Will be self assembled
10. When are you planning to buy the system? 3-4 days
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations? no
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention. Exclude cabinet/PSU/monitor/GFX card/keyboard/mouse/ODD/Speakers
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states? Delhi
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary No

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
That is the reason I opted for nvidia chipset based MoBo. I am comfortable with nvidia drivers especially while using linux.

BTW how is the OC potential of the nvidia-chipset based mobos?

Biostar motherboard OC potential is always counted among the best. if you can get the Biostar TA785G3 HD.

about driver problem, i not sure though.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
when buying a pc, always keep in mind "a pc is not a tv or car".

what are the major differences ?

have you ever heard someone getting an assembled car? engine from GM, frame from Audi? exhaust system from Lamborghini & suspension from Mercedes? :smile:

also about TV, can you run a TV 24X7? and TV won't go bad? also can the same above idea b applied to TV? assemble a TV? i think you got the idea of what msg i want pass bro.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
one has to be much more careful while buying a PC as compared to a TV, but car??? One has to choose a car very carefully too, although, it cannot be assembled.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
one has to be much more careful while buying a PC as compared to a TV, but car??? One has to choose a car very carefully too, although, it cannot be assembled.

car will vary vary by efficiency (mileage), looks, service provided by the center, etc. a pc: get a BAD psu & you compromising the PC's safe & in a more brief term, its existence. get a out of balanced PC (visit Dell to know what is an OUT OF BALANCED PC), even after paying 65k, you'll be unsatisfied by end the result (games not run well). its like that.

Top Bottom