Pakistan bows to coercive diplomacy, accepts blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Finally, pakistan has responded officially to the dossier full of evidence it had recieved from India. This is the report:-

Pak bows to coercive diplomacy, accepts blame.
source:*ibnlive.in.com/news/pak-bows-to-coercive-diplomacy-accepts-blame/85210-3.html

For the first time in history a serving Pakistani official has publicly acknowledged that a foreign terror plot was hatched on Pakistani soil, two-and-a-half months after the Mumbai attacks in which 179 were killed.

Pakistan Interior Minister Rahman Malik admitted on Thursday that the conspiracy to attack Mumbai took place on Pakistani soil and that Pakistanis carried it out. Pakistan says it has filed an FIR against nine persons, including Ajmal Amir Kasab and that six have been arrested. Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) chief Zaki-ur Rahaman Lakhvi is under investigation. Another Lashkar operative Zarar Shah has been located. The mastermind of the attack, Pakistan says, was Hamad Amin Sadiq and he has been arrested.

The question that was being asked on CNN-IBN's Face The Nation was: Pakistan accepts charges: Has India's coercive diplomacy worked?

To try and answer the question on the panel of experts were Senior Correspondent The Independent, Omar Waraich; former Pakistan and Afghanistan analyst at the Bureau of Intelligence Research at the US Department of State, Dr Marvin G Weinbaum; Defence Analyst Rear-Admiral (Retd) Raja Menon; Editorial Advisor Times of India, Gautam Adhikari.

The initial results of the SMS/Web Poll showed 83 per cent agreed that India's coercive diplomacy worked while 17 per cent disagreed.

Triumph of coercive diplomacy?

Raja Menon kick-started the debate by saying that India did not impose any bilateral clause on Pakistan, India did not really threaten Pakistan in any way. He said being a skeptic, he believed that the real masterminds were still not going to be brought to book.

Gautam Adhikari begged to differ saying that finally Pakistan had reached out to the world - call it bending under US pressure if you must - but it has acted and India must appreciate this gesture.

"We have to also appreciate what Pakistan has been forced to do. It was international coercive diplomacy which forced Pakistan to accept the charges. The fact that it has happened for the very first time, it means someone has really put some pressure behind the scenes. I am not surprised that it happened on the heels on Richard Holbrookes's presence in Islamabad," he stated.

He added that the US has certain leverage over Pakistan and they threatened to withdraw the aid they were giving that country.

Omar Waraich said such a confession by Pakistan would have domestic repercussions but that no one would be able to determine what those were just right now. "I feel that a number of people will be very relieved that Pakistan's image would have improved as a result of this. No longer will they be subject to ridicule for making contradictory and outlandish claims. The government of Pakistan will also now have to act very carefully to deal with terror groups," he stated.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Truth will always come out from the uproar of ambiguity *

* After a lot of casualties and altercations

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
And I don't understand why the US is trying to meddle with our local matters! It is acting as if it were the guardian or parent of Pakistan. Although I think it is because of the US that Pakistan has accepted all this.

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
^^They can't deny that they said this ever in the future! They've sent this as a written reply to the dossier of evidence submitted by India. There's no way they can deny this and not get rapped by a piece of paper written on which is that statement, by their own hands.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Again nothing will happen.Dont get too excited.They have sent 30 questions to india in reply.:rolleyes:I can say that Pakistani politicians are smarter than indians even though they lie they do it with confidence especially Musharraf was.You can see his and other ministers body language.And look at ours Pratibha Patil :mad: Manmohan Singh :mad:
Indian Parliament is full of jokers.And people like Mulayam Singh,laalu yadav and mayawati dreaming of becoming indian prime minsiter.:rolleyes:

stellarbpo

Broken In
We have to also appreciate what Pakistan has been forced to do. It was international coercive diplomacy which forced Pakistan to accept the charges.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
What's the point if they accept the blame? Like anyone is going to do anything about it. I'm not a Paki supporter but i would say the Pak President has managed and handled the situation so well to divert all the attention and took their own sweet time to accept the blame. Now that the matter is cold and out they have admitted thier faults.

Indian govt. as always good for nothing!! -.-

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
^^True! But hey, what did we expect? I, for one, knew that something like this was going to happen. Recently I also heard on CNN-IBN that Pakistan might ask India to submit Kasab to them so that they may try him and <pay attention here> use him to try the rest of the accused persons. If we put two and two together, we can see why they want Kasab AS WELL AS the threat given out to India (Give us Kasab or we won't try the ones arrested here). Now why does this feel like a demo version (pay for full)???

stellarbpo

Broken In
It's all politics.One can't do anything if he gets into it.

It's very bad game ig it gets into bad hands

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom