Page file -virtual memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop143

Journeyman
hi guys..
am getting virtual memory too low..when i run a game...

my C drive is just 5 gb and free space is 1.5 gb alone....(windows installed)

can i make the system pagefile to be stored in some other drive other than my windows installed C drive..???? is that possible..??

bye

Pathik

Google Bot
yup u can......
right click my computer>>>properties>>>advanced>>>performance settings>>>virtual memory and ........

OP
P

pop143

Journeyman
pathiks said:
yup u can......
right click my computer>>>properties>>>advanced>>>performance settings>>>virtual memory and ........

no i want 2 know..Y the size is mentioned for each specific drives..??

wot does it mean??? when i run a game/program.??? which pagefile size wud increase?? my windows intalled c: pagefile.sys..??

or the pagefile virtual memory is equally shared and stored in all my drives ..when i set the pagefile option in all my drives..???..???

i shud set the pagefile in only 1 drive or in all the drive(c:)..??? so that all my system working load in C drive wud be shared..???

wotz the use of setting pagefile in all my other drives also..??

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Thats because you can split the pagefile to different drives.. Windows automatically allocates the pagefile.. There is no particular rule how it will allocate the pagefile to different drives. It is recommended that you keep the whole of your pagefile to one partition only.. That option is there for people who habe many different hard disks (not partitons). Then they can distribute the pagefile to different disks. Then windows strts allocation pagefile starting from the fastest disk.

OP
P

pop143

Journeyman
kalpik said:
Thats because you can split the pagefile to different drives.. Windows automatically allocates the pagefile.. There is no particular rule how it will allocate the pagefile to different drives. It is recommended that you keep the whole of your pagefile to one partition only.. That option is there for people who habe many different hard disks (not partitons). Then they can distribute the pagefile to different disks. Then windows strts allocation pagefile starting from the fastest disk.

thanks kalpik..now i got..wots the pagefile is all abt...k ill allocate this page file to one partition only...hereafter..!(the biggest one..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom