P2P Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

[deXter]

Journeyman
rohan, Kaazaa is dead, gone, end of story. Bundling spyware was its own undoing.. I dont think anyone's using Kaazaa right now and if they are then they deserve to be kicked in their *** for using a software that supports spyware :p

Anyways, yeah its good that LimeWire doesn't bundle spyware anymore... Limeshop was the next deadliest spyware after CWS ..:p

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

go4inet

In the zone
Kazaa Media Desktop 3.0

KaZaA Media Desktop offers you a total media experience. It is a second generation peer-to-peer file sharing service with which you can search and download media files from other KaZaA users.

You can also organise and play/view your media files through an integrated media jukebox, publish your own work, reach an audience and communicate with other users. It supports audio, video, software/games, images, and documents.

This software has no spyware installed. So I think youcan give it a try. coz its the new release

More & Download @ Click Here

[deXter]

Journeyman
Vinay are you out of your mind? I dont think its worth a try!

KMD has been rated 1 / 5 (A person had actually rated it 2 for 5 because it improved his business- his business was in removing spyware :p)

It still has loads of Spyware and who in their right mind would actually BUY a p2p program!! :D

Read more here:

*fileforum.betanews.com/detail/971761196/1

go4inet

In the zone
Well abt this ( new One ) :

Qnext - Universal P2P IM program

Here is a all in one Universal Messenger program for both Windows and Linux.

The name is Qnext and from the first point of view we can tell you that this is another great looking application. Qnext Universal Messenger lets you communicate not only with Qnext users, but also with MSN Messenger, ICQ, Yahoo & AIM users.

Supports P2P & IM !

More Info : *www.go4i.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=138

Dexy check tht and reply me :)

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
[deXter said:
]rohan, Kaazaa is dead, gone, end of story. Bundling spyware was its own undoing.. I dont think anyone's using Kaazaa right now and if they are then they deserve to be kicked in their *** for using a software that supports spyware :p

very true ...
y use kazaa when there are so many p2ps without any spywares
but u know .. thats not very true in case of K-Lite
i use k-lite .. and i see a lot of users connected peacefully .. im expecting that most of them are using k-lite like me ;)
anyways .. when u r inside a firewal ..then u dont have many options for p2p

[deXter]

Journeyman
@vinay:

You can't use file sharing or video chat with someone who doesn't use Qnext. You can't send files to friends using AIM or YAHOO or MSN. This is a major draw back.

:p

go4inet

In the zone
every programs have some drawbacks ! there s nuthing efficient in this world ?

wat abt

* Lime Wire ?
* eDonkey ?
* DC++ ?

[deXter]

Journeyman
* LimeWire:

Very notorious for Limeshop; now removed though.

* eDonkey:

Searchs not that fast, sometimes there are no sources at all or file doesnt' start downloading immediately, most often p0rn movies downloaded when you least expect it (;))... Better to use eMule instead of ed2k

* DC++:

Server limitations. Some servers say you got too many files to share and dont allow you; while some servers say you got too little files so they dont allow you :p

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
[deXter said:
]* DC++:

Server limitations. Some servers say you got too many files to share and dont allow you; while some servers say you got too little files so they dont allow you :p
which server asked u too many files ... u r a bit wrong
problems with dc are :-
-> min sharing limit is of the order of 100GB, most of us dont have such shares .. and of course there are bots which will kick u automatically if u share crap like windows/program files folders
-> there are just too many hubs .. ppl come to one hub and some time later shift to other hubs .. some hubs also have maxhubs=1 rule ..
so the end result is that one file which u found in search may not be available after 2 days cos the user joined some other hub today

other than that .. speeds are good and u get specific content like tv serials etc
im interested in downloading x-files, smallville, apprentice, that 70s show, yes minister, wonder years and of course lots of japanese animes ..
these are available in good quantity in dc

N

nipun_the_gr8

answer CLEANLY now...........

Which Is the best P2P File Sharing Program ??

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
nipun_the_gr8 said:

:lol:
Everyone has there own taste and my tounge say's it's sharezaa

..:: peace ::.
Jeba

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
nipun_the_gr8 said:

everything is not black or white ..
ask 15 ppl .. they'll give 15 different answers
let me try to wrap it up ..

Kazaa ( or rather K-Lite ) - old .. still works well .. good to find media that was released years ago .. use only if cant connect using others ( ex firewall problem, etc)
Shareaza - very good .. works inside LAN too .. huge content
DC++ - if you are looking for specific content like TV serials .. say friends .. or videos of specific genre .. cos most hubs look for specific content. but need to share something like 100GB to get into hubs
Bittorrent - latest hap .. best for LATEST content .. latest movies .. latest TV shows ex Smallville, Scrubs, Apprentice,etc .. best if you are looking for Japanese Anime .. <- most are switching over to it

rohanbee

Padawan
I have not been able to understand bit torrent .........

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN ITS BASCI FUNCTIONING.............do i have to log on to a website or something??? :evil:

theraven

Technomancer
@rohanbee
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/theraven123/search.gif
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10447&highlight=torrent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10081&highlight=torrent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9518&highlight=torrent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5784&highlight=torrent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2496&highlight=torrent

N

nipun_the_gr8

Well...........
I think i'll switch over to Bittorent..........
Plz provide the download link.........
Thankx........

rohanbee

Padawan
theraven said:
@rohanbee
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/theraven123/search.gif
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10447&highlight=torrent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10081&highlight=torrent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9518&highlight=torrent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5784&highlight=torrent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2496&highlight=torrent

Ya raven i know where the search bar is and i did type bit torrent and got some threads which were quite unrelated i.e why i posted here.
Also i wanted some quick fire answer and not to read some long thread ...........
Thanks for the links though i will check them out.

theraven

Technomancer
well ive narrowed it down to 5 links
some maybe long but they answer all possible questions on torrents
thats y ..
i always review the links before posting them ;)

@nipun ... u too ... goto those links ...
there is info AND download links ...
u can always search on download.com and zeropaid.com as well ;)
BTW just an addition .. i use azureus ... but the latest version is givin some problems :( dunno why
guys use some other client ... like shareaza

Deep

Version 2.0
alib_i said:
problems with dc are :-
-> min sharing limit is of the order of 100GB, most of us dont have such shares .. and of course there are bots which will kick u automatically if u share **** like windows/program files folders
-> there are just too many hubs .. ppl come to one hub and some time later shift to other hubs .. some hubs also have maxhubs=1 rule ..
so the end result is that one file which u found in search may not be available after 2 days cos the user joined some other hub today

other than that .. speeds are good and u get specific content like tv serials etc
im interested in downloading x-files, smallville, apprentice, that 70s show, yes minister, wonder years and of course lots of japanese animes ..
these are available in good quantity in dc

well i wont agree with you here :(

I am using dc++ for more than a year...

I had 40 GB hdd before and i used to share around 10-15 GB and used to get access to very very good hubs like AF1 - Killua Anime, Puerly Desi Movies etc..

Now i have 120 GB Hdd and i share around 60 GB of stuff get access to few more hubs but to be frank big hubs like AF1 are more than enough....

so no need to share 100 GB and worry too much...

according to me DC++ is the best coz you get everything there...real big hubs....

My 2nd fav is Bittorrent, I use client caleld ABC which is very good

and 3rd is IRC.. i use MIRC

Deep

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
ohh ya ..
i accept Deep .. 100GB is kinda exaggeration ..
but u need atleast say 10-15GB of non-c-r-a-p content to share ..
neways .. i too have 40GB harddisk ..

not many ppl here use DC++ .. it has better content than any other client methinx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom