Overwatch - Blizzard's Competitive FPS

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Blizzard should go directly into Animation movies. Their in-game cinematic quality has been way off the chart since the birth of Warcraft. I have never seen another Studio with such an excellence in that.

Naughty Dogs. Uncharted.

Period.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
ND's cinematics are good but doesnt even come close to the quality of Blizzard's cinematics.. Just see the WoTLK trailer, a game released 6 years ago whose CGI is still unmatched by most AAA games today

i would. but i was thinking, how much time you would loose by typing out the full name of the game. :p :|

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
saw a cinematic trailer. ok, yes. its pretty damn impressive. very well rendered.

but then i saw the game, and i'd say its sh!tty.

ND has game and the cinematics at par. true seamless cinematics and gameplay.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Duuuude, Have you never heard of World of Warcraft ?
WoW is the greatest MMORPG of all times, it doesnt need to have cutting edge graphics, its a freaking MMORPG and it was launched in 2004.. Cutting edge graphics in a MMORPG game where hundreds of players are on screen at the same time will require a massive CPU and GPU overhead, something that isnt even possible today (Star Citizen is pretty close ;))...We werent even talking about gameplay in the first place, I responded to [MENTION=150630]sam_738844[/MENTION]'s original comment about a full length CGI movie, something Blizzard is very capable of..
Here are some more examples of excellent Blizzard cinematics
[YOUTUBE]watch?v=3V1PwpoDqzM[/YOUTUBE]
another thing that justifices sam's statement about a blizzard movie is that blizzard franchises like Warcraft and Starcraft have immensely rich and NON SPECULATIVE lore .. there are books, games, animations, resources based on Chris Metzen's creations... Every main character in Warcraft has had his own story line, which is what makes it so complicated and multifaceted for a movie.. You could literally take ANY main character from the game like Illidan from Frozen Throne and make a movie out of him and it would not suck (atleast not from the story perspective)

Infact, the Warcraft movie is on it's way, Blizzard actually released a logo teaser trailer sometime back.. sadly, it wont be full CGI like we wanted :( (dem CGI is costly)

Last edited:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Naughty Dogs. Uncharted.

Period.

Not Talking about realistic visuals. Blizzard Cinematic cut-scenes are like a beautiful song, not a very realistic piece of literature, but a song, about elves and swords and good vs evil and swarms and stuff, feels like legends written in words.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
As much I hate Blizzard, I can't deny the fact that their lore is awesome. I played both the SC2 games and man, those cinematic were awesome. I have played a fair share of games but no one comes even close to Blizzard in this regard.

OP

Killing Machine
A detailed hands-on review:

Overwatch: hands-on with Blizzard's new shooter - PC Gamer

OP

Killing Machine
Official Beta Preview Livestream

Thursday, October 15 @ 10:00 a.m. PT

Twitch
Twitch

Top Bottom