Overwatch - Blizzard's Competitive FPS

Killing Machine
In a time of global crisis, an international task force of soldiers, scientists, adventurers, and oddities known as Overwatch came together to restore peace to a war-torn world. After many years, the group’s influence waned, and it was eventually disbanded. Overwatch might be gone now . . . but the world still needs heroes.

The World Needs Heroes!

Cinematic Trailer

Yes! it is Blizzard's new franchise after 17 long years!

Today at BlizzCon 2014, the world got its first glimpse at Overwatch™, our new pick-up-and-play first-person shooter featuring an amazing cast of heroes and set in a technologically advanced, highly stylized future earth. Harnessing the incredible powers of their hero of choice, players will join forces in teams of six and battle each other across a range of futuristic global locations.

Overwatch is a competitive 6 vs 6 team-based FPS centered around capturing control points, featuring a near-future superhero vs. super villain theme. Development on the game is being led by Jeff Kaplan, a former World of Warcraft game director.

Gameplay Trailer

The heroes of Overwatch each bring their own distinct weapons and superabilities to bear. Here’s just a glimpse of the numerous heroes that will ultimately fill Overwatch’s rosters:

• Tracer, a former British test pilot who shrugs at danger, can execute impossible acrobatic assaults thanks to her ability to teleport, drop energy bombs, and even reverse time.
  • Reinhardt, a hulking German soldier in battle armor, can charge great distances and pin his enemies to a wall or slam the ground with his rocket hammer to knock them off their feet.
  • Hanzo, a bow-wielding Japanese mercenary, has the ability to scale walls with his bare hands, fire off a tracking device that illuminates nearby enemies for his team, and unleash a huge spirit dragon that does grievous damage to all enemies in its path.
  • Symmetra, an Indian architech, manipulates light and energy to shield her allies and damage her enemies—and she can turn the tide of any battle by building a device that instantly transports her teammates to the front lines.

Hero Bio's
  • Tracer
  • Reaper
  • Widowmaker
  • Winston
  • Pharah
  • Reinhardt
  • Symmetra
  • Torbjörn
  • Bastion
  • Hanzo
  • Mercy
  • Zenyatta

Screenshots & few images

*i.imgur.com/rH5St8i.jpg

*i.imgur.com/d84mo6R.jpg

*i.imgur.com/7puGtpO.jpg

*i.imgur.com/083YRj8.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Y6XvQY1.jpg

*i.imgur.com/crK7mvC.jpg

Beta expected in 2015. Sign up for Beta opt-in at *www.playoverwatch.com/

So what are your initial impressions guys? Will this join the elite league of massive successful Blizzard franchises?

Pricing Announced

*us.battle.net/overwatch/en/buy/

Standard Edition - $39.99

• Pre-purchase Bonus: Noire Skin for Widowmaker
*i.imgur.com/8om57YB.jpg

Origins Edition - $59.99

• Pre-purchase Bonus: Noire Skin for Widowmaker
  • 5 Origin Skins: Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Pharah, Strike-Commander Morrison, Blackwatch Reyes, and Slipstream Tracer
  • In-game Goodies
    • Heroes of the Storm: Tracer Hero
    • World of Warcraft: Baby Winston Pet
    • Hearthstone: Overwatch Card Back
    • Diablo 3: Mercy’s Wings
    • Starcraft II: Player Portraits Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76
*i.imgur.com/lacepKE.jpg

Collector's Edition - $129.99

Contains Overwatch Origins Edition + the following collector's items.

• Soldier: 76 Statue: Overwatch’s former Strike-Commander stands tall once again—on your desk. This premium-grade statue measures 12.8” in height.
  • Overwatch Visual Sourcebook: Dive into the world of Overwatch with in-depth illustrations and information about the game's heroes, locations, and story.
  • Overwatch Soundtrack: Enjoy the music of the future with this immersive soundtrack.
*i.imgur.com/c75tOE3.jpg

Release Date Announced ~~ May 24, 2016

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKv-GSArdPY

*i.imgur.com/6yG9GXt.png

Keep sharing news and updates!

Sources: Blizzcon 2014 | Press Release | Gamespot | Official Website

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Looks like UNREAL TOURNAMENT + TF2 + Borderlands graphic style

Will surely be a pricing FAIL

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Looks like UNREAL TOURNAMENT + TF2 + Borderlands graphic style

btw, im still expecting your essay...
[MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION] [MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] [MENTION=149723]gagan_kumar[/MENTION] [MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION]

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
btw, im still expecting your essay...
[MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION] [MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] [MENTION=149723]gagan_kumar[/MENTION] [MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION]

:D It's okay :D Anyway would be playing in the playdates just needed a group to spam :p

OP

Killing Machine
I don't think that it will succeed much TBH.
It is a huge leap for them diving into a different genre where we have already proven games but let's wait and see if Blizzard can pull something off here.

wonder what the system reqs will be??
This was one of the question to the panelists today and this was their response. :)
Q: What are the system requirements? Should we go buy a new PC right now?
A: "The vendors would love that, but it's too early to talk system requirements. They haven't even done system optimizations yet.
Something to note though, Blizzard has a pretty good track record of running on a broad range of machines" - Kaplan

Nice OP .
Thanks man.

Let's hope they price reasonably :| and with better drops / loots / rewards etc.

has the blizzard name slapped on it, will definitely be moderately successful at the least.
Blizzard FTW! :-D

Overwatch is fully playable and running on 600 PCs at BlizzCon this weekend. PCGamer already did a hands-on and their first impression report says why it isn't just TF2 - part II.

gameranand

Living to Play
It is a huge leap for them diving into a different genre where we have already proven games but let's wait and see if Blizzard can pull something off here.

FPS genre is basically dominated by Valve and Dice right now and its really hard to break that. Dice was ave to break domination of COD because COD made a lot of mistakes but Valve haven't made mistakes so far and people hate to leave their comfort zone. Numerous games and came and fallen on their face of MOBA and FPS genre like TF2 because they can't survive against Valve. Lets not forget that Valve is the one company who managed to break the domination of Blizzard in MOBA with their DOTA 2. And lets not forget that crowd hate Blizzard for their shitty DRMs and love Valve even though they give DRM but thav a better approach towards it.
After witnessing all of these, I hardly think that this game would be any different.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
They can try the F2P way, free game .. but make money from COSMETICS,POINT BOOSTER,DROP boosters but not anything that will make it pay2win

- - - Updated - - -

FPS genre is basically dominated by Valve and Dice right now and its really hard to break that. Dice was ave to break domination of COD because COD made a lot of mistakes but Valve haven't made mistakes so far and people hate to leave their comfort zone. Numerous games and came and fallen on their face of MOBA and FPS genre like TF2 because they can't survive against Valve. Lets not forget that Valve is the one company who managed to break the domination of Blizzard in MOBA with their DOTA 2. And lets not forget that crowd hate Blizzard for their shitty DRMs and love Valve even though they give DRM but thav a better approach towards it.
After witnessing all of these, I hardly think that this game would be any different.

DOTA was born because of blizzard ;)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Blizzard should go directly into Animation movies. Their in-game cinematic quality has been way off the chart since the birth of Warcraft. I have never seen another Studio with such an excellence in that.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Blizzard should go directly into Animation movies. Their in-game cinematic quality has been way off the chart since the birth of Warcraft. I have never seen another Studio with such an excellence in that.

yep. totally.

Also like the verticality of this game...

PS... pretty similar game is already here, called Archeblade

[youtube]hOqx5majbqg[/youtube]

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
:D It's okay :D Anyway would be playing in the playdates just needed a group to spam :p

no one ever spams in our group.

only constructive discussions take place there. [MENTION=154031]nomad47[/MENTION] [MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] [MENTION=149723]gagan_kumar[/MENTION][MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION] these guys will concur. :)

OP

Killing Machine
Blizzard's Overwatch trademarks have been suspended | IncGamers

Whats up with Blizzard and trademark issues? First Dota and now this.

Top Bottom