Overheating blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
I have an P4 2.8 HT processor with Intel 915GAG motherboard. Recently my computer started overheating with processor zone temp crossing 60 C and SYstem Zone 1 temp crossing 50 C. I installed 2 chasis fans on my cabinet . But i havent seen much improvement in the temp. Could the problem be with my processor fan. Is it safe to take out my processor fan and clean it myself.

and what is this system zone temperature and what should be there normal values.

theraven

Technomancer
60 degrees still seems fine under stress
so u dun think that should be a problem
however if temperatures have shot up from before then i suggest u remove ur HSF and clean it of all thermal paste using some rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth
then get some thermal grease / thermal paste from the market
u can get the generic ones for Rs 10 a bottle but they suck
the real good ones are however for rs 450 up ( for arctic silver)
apply a small blob on proccessor and spread evenly , reattatch HSF

OP
M

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Is it safe to remove the Fan on my own . Initially i ignored the temp but once the system shut down automatically and on restarting it said that " The system was shut down due to a thermal event (overheating).

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I would not recommend you to remove the heatsink or fan. The thing is the intel factory supplied heatsink material is far superior to any thing you get in the market also appling the correct amount of heatsink compound and with the right tecnique is not everyone's cup of tea. So clean the heatsink using a vacume cleaner (blower mode) and the unclutter the box add a fan that throws air into the box (size 150mm ) and a smaller fan say size 80 to expell air that should do the trick also see that the box is not pushed in a corner with things blocking its vent keep it on the table well ventilated.

Kannan

In the zone
If it's a Prescott processor then the 60 'C temperature is ok. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/happy/biggrin.gif

But still your system zone temperature is little high. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/confused/unsure.gif

And remember this is Summer Season. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/misc_expressions/goodheart.gif

Kannan
*members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/misc/drive1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom