Overclocking the Zotac GTX 1060 AMP

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
So I overclocked the 1060 AMP using Zotac's own Firestorm application and here is what I could achieve.

Core Clock : 2106 Mhz ( + 180 Mhz from the stock clocks of the card)

Memory Clock : 4350 Mhz ( +350 Mhz from the stock memory clock)

Voltage was not touched.

Anything above this and the Uniengine Valley was crashing, this max overclock I could achieve with stability.

Has anyone been able to squeeze more out of the card, if yes, how ?

Cheers !
AbhMkh

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
I have the AMP edition of 1060 6GB but never the felt the need to overclock. Guess FHD resolution doesn't need overclocking the card.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I have the Zotac GTX 1060 6gb mini, never felt the need of OC. Sorry for the noob question but what advantages are there when we OC a gpu?

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I have the Zotac GTX 1060 6gb mini, never felt the need of OC. Sorry for the noob question but what advantages are there when we OC a gpu?

Put very simply, if a game is utilizing 100% of the GPU, OC'ing would help get you a few more FPS.

Overclocking helps you squeeze a bit more performance from the GPU which you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Put very simply, if a game is utilizing 100% of the GPU, OC'ing would help get you a few more FPS.

Overclocking helps you squeeze a bit more performance from the GPU which you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
Thanks. I am never really bothered by these fps as long as the game is running fine without any lags. To each its own I guess.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
OC is passionate thing done by overclockers and hardcore gamers to benchmark the system and also to achieve good FPS and graphics.
But one has to be very very careful while doing this and its not for Novice users

Hrishi

So I overclocked the 1060 AMP using Zotac's own Firestorm application and here is what I could achieve.

Voltage was not touched.

Anything above this and the Uniengine Valley was crashing, this max overclock I could achieve with stability.

Cheers !
AbhMkh
1060 won't go beyond 2200Mhz. I have a 1060 6gb as well.
Best case scenario, an avg of 15% perf increase can be squeezed out of the card for most manufacturers.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

vito scalleta

In the zone

Voltage was not touched.

Cheers !
AbhMkh
Why didnt you try to change the voltage ? what are temps while running valley ?

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
1060 won't go beyond 2200Mhz. I have a 1060 6gb as well.
Best case scenario, an avg of 15% perf increase can be squeezed out of the card for most manufacturers.

Which 1060 do you have, I have heard Asus and EVGA 1060's have more overclocking potential than the Zotac card

Hrishi

Which 1060 do you have, I have heard Asus and EVGA 1060's have more overclocking potential than the Zotac card
Mine's Gainward Dual. Yes, they do have more potential, but I read somewhere that there's a practical limitation on the maximum possible clock itself unless you mod the drivers, etc. I'm saying this because I have seen scores of posts about 1060 OC and none of them go beyond 2.2GHz on core clock without crashing.
There were a few odd ones where they clocked almost 3.0GHz but I think that was a modified vBIOS or drivers, possibly....and obviously nitro cooling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom