Status
Not open for further replies.

rajsujayks

CSE Freak!
I have a Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop with the following configurations:

-Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
-2GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM
-nVidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB graphic card

I did not add any other component myself. My question is can I overclock my 8600GT? I have EVGA Precision installed. I want to overclock my 8600GT without damaging any of my components. nVidia's 8600GTS has the same spec as the 8600GT barring the clock speeds. So I want to know whether overclocking is possible. If yes what are the ideal speeds?

Please note, my Dell is in the warranty period.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Do search the forum once, post ur problem here!!!!!!!!!!!!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96442&page=10

That's a thread for OC related queries!!!!!!!

Post there.

And yes,, overclocking is possible.

dvijaydev46

Broken In
Download the latest Rivatuner from guru3d.com. ATITool from techpowerup.com. Both of them are good for overclocking. You will certainly be able to overclock your 8600gt.

dixit8611

Journeyman
yES, u can overclock ur 8600 GT.
Download rivatuner frm guru3d.com and run it, then on the main tab u have driver settings,
click on the customize tab, then on system setting u will find the options for overclocking, click on "enable driver level overclocking" and then click "detect now"
Now u are ready for overclocking........keep on pushing ur core clock and run any game, do same for shader and memory clock but increase ur card's clock speed in very small steps........
try this
CORE clock 600
memory clock 450
But try this at ur own risk.
I have also 8600GT 512MB core clock 540MHZ and i have tried this.......... and felt a boost in performance......... rest is on u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom