Overall Nice Rig for 30-35k

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
H77 will give you only extra sata 3 ports seriously. Ask yourself, are you going to use more than one ssd in your cpu's lifetime? If yes invest in a h77 motherboard. And they cost atleast 5.5k. Never recommended them after b75's came into presence. Might as well as get z77 ones for 7.5k and overclock your proccy.
And I repeat, dont get that i5. Looks like you are able to get worst shopkeepers ;)

OP
puneetgarg

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
H77 will give you only extra sata 3 ports seriously. Ask yourself, are you going to use more than one ssd in your cpu's lifetime? If yes invest in a h77 motherboard. And they cost atleast 5.5k. Never recommended them after b75's came into presence. Might as well as get z77 ones for 7.5k and overclock your proccy.
And I repeat, dont get that i5. Looks like you are able to get worst shopkeepers ;)

Ok, so this means no to H77 thanks anyways The Incinerator
Why not get i5? You said before "And any sb\ib desktop i5> i3"

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Those two boards has much better VRM suited to an i5 anyday over the B75 you have chosen.
Next an H77 has more USB 2. and 3.0 ports, more Sata ports,has Intel Smart response,Intel rapid Storage and has Intel V pro too. Intel B75 dosnt have Raid support.

Moreover the the Gigabyte H77 board has much much better Audio Chip and Lan Chip over the B75 board.

So its just not 3 sata ports extra. Check your facts before you spread wrong information.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Those two boards has much better VRM suited to an i5 anyday over the B75 you have chosen.
Next an H77 has more USB 2. and 3.0 ports, more Sata ports,has Intel Smart response,Intel rapid Storage and has Intel V pro too. Intel B75 dosnt have Raid support.

Moreover the the Gigabyte H77 board has much much better Audio Chip and Lan Chip over the B75 board.

So its just not 3 sata ports extra. Check your facts before you spread wrong information.

Intel rst doesnt work over 64gb ssd's. Plus I would use that space instead of caching any day.
I didnt talk about any specific h77 board but its guidelines by intel and it does not mandate more than 2 usb 3.0 ports and neither do all of them have. Those features dont matter much to op. He is not running buisness.
Go on suggest him a H77 mobo in 5.5k
Then I will go on telling about z77 mobo from msi for 7.5k with overclocking, sli and cf support. One needs to balance features and budget. And all those features you listed, not one improoves performance. + vrm designs hardly matter when not overclocking on intel board. No b75 board cant handle i7. In amd iys necessary to see board design as they can be overclocked on those chipsets plus you take twice the power of intel counterparts.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Intel rst doesnt work over 64gb ssd's. Plus I would use that space instead of caching any day.
I didnt talk about any specific h77 board but its guidelines by intel and it does not mandate more than 2 usb 3.0 ports and neither do all of them have. Those features dont matter much to op. He is not running buisness.
Go on suggest him a H77 mobo in 5.5k
Then I will go on telling about z77 mobo from msi for 7.5k with overclocking, sli and cf support. One needs to balance features and budget. And all those features you listed, not one improoves performance. + vrm designs hardly matter when not overclocking on intel board. No b75 board cant handle i7. In amd iys necessary to see board design as they can be overclocked on those chipsets plus you take twice the power of intel counterparts.

Z77 for a i5 3470???????~!!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I5 can overclock upto,.4ghz on multipliers +.2ghz from bclk= .6ghz overclock which is as much overclock you will get fron fx 8350!!!! Your lovely fully unlocked proccy ;)

:facepalm:

8.67GHz FX-8350 And More As ROG Smashes World Records - Republic of Gamers

I knew you were shallow but to this limit!!!! Anyways.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
:facepalm:

8.67GHz FX-8350 And More As ROG Smashes World Records - Republic of Gamers

I knew you were shallow but to this limit!!!! Anyways.

That record was made with liquid nitrogen and locking many cores!!
Go over overclock.net and see how many people can actually cross 5ghz.
Plus the team which overclocked fx so high, had a crate of fx to choose and try to break the world record. Your point is mute. Are you gonna lock fx 8350, 3 modules?? Will you use liquid nitrogen? And with piledrivers low ipc a 5ghz overclock wont solve its problems and make it good at single threaded apps.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
That record was made with liquid nitrogen and locking many cores!!
Go over overclock.net and see how many people can actually cross 5ghz.
Plus the team which overclocked fx so high, had a crate of fx to choose and try to break the world record. Your point is mute. Are you gonna lock fx 8350, 3 modules?? Will you use liquid nitrogen? And with piledrivers low ipc a 5ghz overclock wont solve its problems and make it good at single threaded apps.

So. It does right. Not like the 600MHz you made it out to be,is it? Gooogle a bit and you will be enligtened as to how many has overclocked it 5 GHz on Air!!! Wake up!

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
So. It does right. Not like the 600MHz you made it out to be,is it? Gooogle a bit and you will be enligtened as to how many has overclocked it 5 GHz on Air!!! Wake up!
Ya thats exactly the problem on stock cooler its very difficult to overclock it past 4.6ghz and there are very few who were successful in overclocking it to 5ghz. Grow up man it was a marketing stratedgy by amd.

dusu94

The Rock
@op get i5 3450 which is priced lesser than i5 3550 and only slight difference separates them.
dont get 22" monitor right now dude....!!!!!
upgrade it later and maybe u could save 2k and buy a good motherboard.
GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-B75M is my suggestion
and 1 tb hdd will be too much in my opinion......!!
but the rest is upto u....!!!!!

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
@op get i5 3450 which is priced lesser than i5 3550 and only slight difference separates them.
dont get 22" monitor right now dude....!!!!!
upgrade it later and maybe u could save 2k and buy a good motherboard.
GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD GA-B75M is my suggestion
and 1 tb hdd will be too much in my opinion......!!
but the rest is upto u....!!!!!

^^ thats exactly what I am saying. Seagate external drives are good. Op do you want wireless backup/ file access one or a simple usb one?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya thats exactly the problem on stock cooler its very difficult to overclock it past 4.6ghz and there are very few who were successful in overclocking it to 5ghz. Grow up man it was a marketing stratedgy by amd.

Buddy, I have a FX-8350 with a 2nd hand Hyper 212 Plus Cooler with single 2000 RPM fan. With that, I am running my system @ 4.7 GHz speed all the time with temperature below 65 degree C. It can be pushed further but I don't do it as for my work and gaming, it is more than sufficient. I have also very good experience with the stock cooler, if you can create some good Custom Fan Profile by using Speed Fan or your Motherboard's supplied utilities like Asus AI Tweaker by analyzing tge temperature usage graph, 4.3 to 4.4 GHz is possible with it.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
I talked about stock cooler cilus, none of the sites could push it above 4.6-4.7ghz.
And getting 5ghz is not at all common even with evo. I researched overclock.net before pulling trigger on a i5 3470

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, if you want to overclock then why not an after market cooler? And don't tell me about Intel's stock coolers...they are piece of crap. leave overclocking, they are even not sufficient to run the HT enabled quad cores like i7 2600K, i7 3770K at stock speed. I didn't get the logic here......You need a custom cooler for over clocking...so you won't buy a unlocked CPU and go for lock CPU....is that your logic?
Even if you have a budget constraint for getting a CPU + Cooler now, you can add the cooler any time in future to unlock the overclocking potential. But getting a locked processor will simply terminate the possibility of any kind of overclocking (I am talking about pure overclocking, not the Turbo speed change), no matter you get a CPU cooler in future or not.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
In most reviews by tech sites, stock coolers are used. I wanted a review in which fx 8350/20 both were reviewed. On that site I found that fx 8350 could not be overclocked by the reviewer more than 4.6 and fx 8320 by 4.7. I myself use intel's stock cooler and overclocked my cpu by 4 bins, although I have 3 fans in my pc.

And can you overclock above 5ghz?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Give me a new cooler like Hyper 212 Evo or something better, I will do it. And show me a single review where Intel stock coolers are used for overclocking.

Top Bottom