Over Heating problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a Intel Pentium 4 2.8 Ht processor with an intel 915 GAG motherboard.Can anyone suggest me the prices of the graphics card that are available in the market for PCI ( Ge force 6X series). Is there anyway i can increse my CPU fan speed..

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
for gfx card prices nd other gfx card related stuff pls visit hardware section...in that therez a sticky thread related to gfx cards olnly....

nd by the way why do u want to increase CPU fan speed???

technoteen

Journeyman
if you have orignal intel motherboard i ahve seen a option inmy friends mobo to increase the lowest speed (ie when cpu activity is low) in the bios section, it might help you
the working temp for you cpu should around 40 C
and if you really worried about overheating, put on one more system fan in your cpu or try those collants if you want to make it really low

OP
M

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
overheat

Well for a week i have noticed that my CPU temp is rising. The processor zone temperarues is around 60 C and System zone 1 temp crosses 50 C while playing games etc. Could this bee a fan problem or a AMPS defect. Whats the solution.

Madhur

Kannan

In the zone
If yours is a Prescott series of processor then its idle temperature is between 57 to 60 'C and dont worry for that.

But the system zone can't be 50 ' C. I think U need adequate cooling for you system. Put an Intake and exaust fan for cooling.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
kontinueing from where kannan left off , Antec fans (bearing) for the cabinet seem to be a good choice for cooling . Plus some models even comes with LEDs in case u mod ur case . the advts are found in almost every dig issue . i think its starts around 400 Rs . Good cooling fans for cabinet brings down my PC's temp from normal 60 to 50-52 .

Kannan

In the zone
Hey Klinux, You know I have 7 Antec fans in my Cabinet :lol:

And yeah Klinux is correct. Antec fans are really good.

One more thing. The LED fans are dammmmm costly. They cost around 750 bucks a piece. :shock:

Antec sole distributor for India. Cyberspace Abacus M.D is my friend :D

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
did i read correctly ????? u have "7" individual fans or is the model number of the single fan "7" . which SMPS and wat wattage do u use and what temp u get ??? So hope u can convince ur MD friend to give discounts for dig members lol . plus , with 7 fans , wont ur cabinet actually lift off , like the spruce goose in "Aviator" ;)

Kannan

In the zone
@ Klinux :lol:

Yeah you saw correcty I have 7 fans no no 10 fans in Total for my PC system.

Wait let me list them :lol:

3 intake fans all Antec

2 Exaust fans all Antec

2 SMPS fans(1 intake + 1 exaust) all Antec (comes with SMPS)

1 Processor Fan.

1 fan for Monitor (Antec SMPS has external connector too) .

1 more fan for the UPS (comes with UPS) .

So totally 10 fans are running :lol:

My Antec 1080AMG Cabinet comes with a 360 watts Antec True Power SMPS.

The CPU Cabinet alone weighs around 7 KG. So no problem of lifting off :lol:

:twisted:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Jesus H. Christ! Man, I dont suppose you have a liquid cooling system too. :D Whats the average operating temperature for your PC with the 7 fans? I would have thought one CPU fan, one SMPS fan and two intake/exhaust fans, a total of 4 would have been more than enough for anyone. Anyway, does the monitor heat up that much to require a fan?

Kannan

In the zone
Our area is damm hot and I donno why. Also I dont have an A.C in my room. Right now we are walking towards Summer.

And beign a off-site Programmer I work almost 14 hrs a day :D

And yeah my monitor (19") heats up a lot.

Take a look at this pic and you will see the system temperature.

*www.binarybits.net/images/mac_tiger.jpg

Normally my CPU stays at 57 'C and MB at 37 'C and HDDs at 36 'C at the current level of cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom