Other workgroups or computers on my network

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas_pa

Right off the assembly line
My office has three computers networked via Zebronics hub. All systems are running Windows XP SP2, with Reliance Broadband.
The problem: We have access to other computers and workgroups outside our workgroup. We have given a name to our workgroup. I believe they may have access to our workgroup also. How can I prevent these viewing?
Clicking on computers outside our group have given us viruses. Help, please...

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
1.right click on the share, select Sharing, and then Permissions. Set permissions accordingly.
or
2.create a group called no access, drop the user in that and Permission that group for the object with Deny
or
3.start> help> networking> sharing.

OP
T

thomas_pa

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the reply.

When I click MY NETWORK PLACES on the desktop, around 50 objects are shown. This number varies.

Actually our network has 7 objects only, i.e., shared drives and printers. The rest are UNKNOWN.

I have access to these unknown computers. Immediately on access my antivirus comes up, showing viruses.

I have not seen this situation anywhere till now.

How to avoid these?

I doubt the Reliance Internect connection. This connection is straight to the LAN. When I turn off the Internet connection, then everything is OK. No other computers besies ours is shown.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom