OS upgrade Help

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
which partition did you formatted?run xp cd again & when you get to the screen showing list of all partitions note them down & post them here.

Vignesh B

Youngling
I have a gut feeling that some BIOS setting is causing a problem(disable AHCI?) Try resetting the BIOS to default and then try.
Also as whitestar has said, post all the partitions.

Now delete all those formatted partitions (c, d, z) and create a new partition from these three partitions and try installing win 7 on that. Btw how is the letter z a problem?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
100mb system partition created by windows 7 is supposed to be hidden without any letter.if it is assigned a letter then it becomes visible to the operating system & may cause issue because of accidental writing/deleting of some files.

as @Vignesh B suggested try changing hdd mode in bios setting between AHCI & native/legacy mode.also post your system hardware details like mobo,processor etc(or model if laptop).

OP
A

abhisek1989

Broken In
not able to install same problem, my system information i have posted an screen shot above plz check it and tell me now what to do.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no one can solve your problem if you don't provide information asked.you have not posted the list of partitions as i asked & you didn't posted anything about your bios settings like hdd mode/various boot devices priority list etc.first post all these info along with exact steps you followed while formatting.also you did not mention even trying booting from usb as suggested earlier.

OP
A

abhisek1989

Broken In
after doing to many things the restart problen is solve, but another problem came, the screen is now stucked at starting windows, not moving from there its being 40mins ...

OP
A

abhisek1989

Broken In
not be able to download it as my systen is now not working

i am able to install windows xp but not able to install Windows 7 don't know why this happening? can anyone explain why this happening?

Vignesh B

Youngling

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
can you check your ram on another pc to ensure it is not the culprit. also try to install via usb

OP
A

abhisek1989

Broken In
tried to test the mem also everything is fine. don't know why it not gettng installed, write know I have to use windows xp but I am still trying to install windows 7.

Top Bottom