os mayhem......

Frnds i m in a great trouble.......it has been almost four years i have been using windows 7 ultimate but now a tonne of junk has gathered and it takes minutes to even start apps like chrome.......but i cannot format the partion right now as i have several licensed apps installed in it........so,i have shrinked about 20 GB from one of the partitions and wish to install the same OS on that fresh drive to have a smoother experience.....will it create any booting issues....? please help!!

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
uninstall any junk apps.

defragment

clean registry

BTW, AFAIK, if your apps are licensed, them you can install them any time time later. better go for a clean format, after saving all the crucial files on windows partition.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
in this 4 yrs the registry size is increased and also useless files

better install Tune Up or JetClean and make system faster :wink:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
OP better keep Windows 8 alongside Windows 7 or a Linux OS according to your choice.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
pro or free

CCleaner is crap now a days :-x

Free one ofcourse
maybe ccleaner is crap but it helps clearing cache & generated waste (like windows error reports etc..), also does enough job for cleaning obsolete registry entries

if you think there are better alternatives then please suggest cause i'm kind of lazy to search & test that kinda softwares.. :-D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Free one ofcourse
maybe ccleaner is crap but it helps clearing cache & generated waste (like windows error reports etc..), also does enough job for cleaning obsolete registry entries

if you think there are better alternatives then please suggest cause i'm kind of lazy to search & test that kinda softwares.. :-D
already suggested

better install Tune Up or JetClean and make system faster :wink:

Top Bottom