optimum resolution for 15.4" widescreen display

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusharlad

Down to Earth
Dear friends,

I want to buy DELL XPS 1530 laptop in few days. presently DELL is offering only 1920x1200 CCFL display with this model. Please suggest whether this high resolution is suitable with 15.4" size ? Will I be able to play games having much lower resolution ?
Do NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT justify such high resolution ?

Please advice me with your valuable inputs so that I can make wise decision ?

Thanks in advance

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well, DELL's offering that kid of resolution coz the nVIDIA GPU will be able to handle the said resolution smoothly.. :) so it wont be a problem.

U will be able to play games on that reso, but even if u are NOT, then the gpu will allow the display to represent the game at a stable and lower resolution :) so here also u wont face any problem.. :)

but, get a good amt of RAM for ur LAPPY.. :) and please have a look at the findings for GPU below for DELL lappys.. :) i found it out..

the INSPIRON SERIES:

1.) Inspiron 1525: comes ONLY with Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
and even the customisation option has NO other option to change this card.

2.) Inspiron Mini 9: comes ONLY with Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950
and with NO customisation

3.) Inspiron 13 & Inspiron 14: comes ONLY Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
and with NO customisation
================================================== ===================
------------------------------------

the STUDIO SERIES:

1.) Studio 15: comes ONLY with 256 MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450
and the customisation has NO other option to change this card.

2.) Studio 17: comes ONLY with 256 MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
------------------------------------

the XPS SERIES:

1.) XPS 1330: comes with Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
and the customisation option has ANOTHER option of a 128MB nVIDIA Ge Force 8400 M GS at an added cost of Rs.4281/- (replacing the X3100)

2.) XPS 1530: comes with ONLY 256 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT

3.) XPS 1730: comes with Dual 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT graphics with NVIDIA SLI Technology
and the customisation option has ANOTHER option of a
Dual 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX graphics with NVIDIA SLI Technology at an added cost of Rs.28,050/- (replacing the 256 MB 8700M GT)
---------------

Cheers n e-peace...

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
A duplicate thread running here.. To OP. Please do NOT post 2 threads. That wont get you replies any sooner. :neutral:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=982662&posted=1#post982662

OP
T

tusharlad

Down to Earth
I am sorry for running double thread

Only intension was to get reply and solve my confusion, as I did not get answer for this query couple of days ago in my earlier thread

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100879

By the way thankyou both for helping out with my query.

I have just talk with dell rep about resolution and he is ready to give 1680x1050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom