Optical Drives of 20 X DVD-RW's Breaking CD's & DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedun_cheran

Broken In
Dear Friends,
I am a MBA Student from Chennai University, having Computer assembling as a Hobby. Recently I have come across the CDs and DVDs getting broken inside the DVD-RW's. Last week it happened with my friends PC, with ASUS 20X DVD-RW.( Just 10 days old)

But yesterday my own SONY 20X Optriac DVD-RW broke, December 07' month PCQuest Magazine's DVD. The computer vendor says that it may be due to the enormous speed of the spindle/CD motor. It was not so in the past. This I have come across now only.
Kindly guide me what to do in such situations. The Sony DVD-RW is just 20 days old, after purchase.
Both media were in a good condition only.
And used 3 to 4 times only so far.

Regards
KLN Cheran

Last edited by a moderator:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
1. Open the cabinet and check if ALL FOUR mounting screws have been used on the DVDRW drive. I have see lazy techs use two and say it's enough.

2. Cut a 6 inch by 6 inch piece of thick cardboard into four equal pieces, and place them under the weight bearing parts of your cabinet, usually the four small pegs/legs underneath.

And while you're at it don't leave your email address in your posts unless you want lots of [size=+5]SPAM[/size] twelve inches long

Better clean up all your posts brother. See here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1829523

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom