opinions needed for this computer

yume

Right off the assembly line
Hello there!

So I am planing to build a new PC from scratch... I want to use it in the first place for Computer graphics but not as a proffesional... I am trying to learn by myself so I need a decent computer who can run Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, Photoshop at a decent speed... I will play from time to time on it but, again, that is not the main purpose of the computer. So here is what I came up with within my budget ( about 1k euro + monitor)

Intel Core i7-3770 Box, LGA1155 (*www1.hardwareversand.de/Socke...GA1155.article )
ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX ( *www1.hardwareversand.de/artic...2888&agid=1601 )
8GB-Kit Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800U CL9
Cooler Master HAF 912 ( *www1.hardwareversand.de/artic...41084&agid=631 )
EVGA GeForce GTX 550-Ti, 2048MB, PCI-Express ( *www1.hardwareversand.de/artic...7057&agid=1156 )
Cooler Master GX Series PSU, 80Plus Bronze - 750 Watt
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA 3 6GB/s
ASUS DRW-24B3ST Bulk SATA schwarz

Peripherals:

ASUS ML239H 58.4cm (23") ( *www1.hardwareversand.de/artic...8156&agid=1649 )
A4Tech pro. USB-Gaming Tastatur X7-G300
Razer NAGA MMOG Laser Gaming Mouse

I placed the link to some products in case you want to check specific details. The price for this thing is 1132 euro including Win 7 64 bit and the assembling process.

I hope you guys can give me some feedback since I am by no means an expert in hard ware.. So please, if you have any sugestions please post them here... The only thing I want to ask you is, if possible, to try to make suggestions thinking about the price range as well. And one more thing: with all the respect for Apple, I do not want a Mac... I just don't feel right... is something in my head that refuses to get used to a Mac... I tried a little bit at some friends... Plus, to buy a Mac with this same configurations would be impossible... unless I buy it second hand...

Thanks for your time guys!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please fill up *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html and post it in this thread.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cooler Master HAF 912 ( *www1.hardwareversand.de/artic...41084&agid=631 )
EVGA GeForce GTX 550-Ti, 2048MB, PCI-Express ( *www1.hardwareversand.de/artic...7057&agid=1156 )
Cooler Master GX Series PSU, 80Plus Bronze - 750 Watt
Pick up HD 7770 over GTX 550 Ti.

Don't buy Cooler Master GX series PSU as it is not good. Buy Corsair TX650v2. You don't need anything more. Or Corsair HX650 if you want a modular power supply.

Also buy a cheap but CPU cooler like Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo as Core i7-3770K will run a bit hot.

Rest everything is all-right.

OP
Y

yume

Right off the assembly line
Ahm... Care to explain? Why would I choose a 2nd generation CPU over one that is newer generation since the 2600k doesn't look more powerful to me...

Also, if you want to post and help me don't just say "your pc is un-balanced" ........ period.. At least to me, it seams pointless

Top Bottom