Opera 11 beta released! - comes with extensions and tab stacking

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opera 11 beta is now available for download from Opera web browser | Opera 11 beta - This one goes to eleven. The beta is loaded with new features. Some are new, while others are improvements to existing Opera features like tabs and mouse gestures. :p

Stack it like it's hot

We introduced tabs in Opera 1.0 back in 1995 (omg, long time ago) and we've continued to add new revolutionary things ever since. Visual tabs was just another step leading up to tab stacking. To try Tab stacking, simply install the beta and drag one tab over another. Release with your mouse. This will create your very own tab stack. Check out our tutorial video to learn more.

[youtube]5hqSGGk1YTI[/youtube]

Visual Mouse Gestures

Mouse Gestures is an addictive feature in Opera. With Opera 11, we've made it even easier to get started. Hold down the right mouse button and you get a visual feedback what you can do with mouse gestures.

Extend your Opera

Introduced in the alpha version of Opera 11, extensions allow you to customize Opera like never before. You can add additional feature to your Opera experience. We have now more than 160 extensions available in our extensions catalog. For more information about extensions and features in Opera 11 beta check out the new Opera Add-ons Blog! :p

Don't miss out, this one goes to eleven

Opera 11 beta is available from www.opera.com/browser/next/ for Windows, Mac and Unix. As always it's free, so give it a spin today and experience what the future holds!

---

Source: Choose Opera - Opera goes to eleven

Here is a good sneak-peak by our forum member Indyan: *techie-buzz.com/opera/opera-11-beta.html

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tab stacking is great...I won't get a head ache now when I have 30 tabs open.

Rahim

Married!
I hope it performs better in Linux.

{Off-Topic]
I tried Chromium for 5 days but have resorted to using Opera back from today.

{UPDATE}
This version solves to some extent the problem i faced and reported *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/134025-sluggish-scrolling-opera.html

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
opera always introduce features that just revolutionize the whole browser world.

Top Bottom