OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice?

I kind of liked KOffice's wordprocessor's layout.
Simple and easy to use.

But yeah I agree its a bit lagging in terms of features when compared to other office suites.

But hopefully as KDE is the world's biggest Qt project, and since Nokia owns Qt, they would do *some* good to it. I never trust large corporates in opensource, but a little help would always be welcome :D

gk2k

gkbhat.blogspot.com
Its simple economics; projects need developers and developers need money...big corporations have money. Even Open source projects are no exception.
Part time developers are not able to put that much man hours that is required to make a project compete with proprietary ones.
Big corporations can pour in the man hours, so they must be welcome by any Open Source project.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Libreoffice will be bundled with the next ubuntu distro
read this somewhere that all the big name Linux Distributors are leaving OppenOffice for good

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm using LibreOffice 3.3. It works much faster than OpenOffice.org ever did.

Rahim

Married!
LibereOffice is now available for PCLOS :)
@ico and lfc: Confirmed! Libre do work much faster in PCLOS than Win 7. Snappy Office Suite.......

Rahim

Married!
^Of course it has!! Size : 215 MB
LibreOffice Productivity Suite Download LibreOffice

Portable Edition : Size - 118 MB
*portableapps.com/apps/office/libreoffice_portable

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
LibereOffice is now available for PCLOS :)
@ico and lfc: Confirmed! Libre do work much faster in PCLOS than Win 7. Snappy Office Suite.......
yup, very fast.

Not much of a difference in Windows.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^Of course it has!! Size : 215 MB
LibreOffice Productivity Suite Download LibreOffice

Portable Edition : Size - 118 MB
LibreOffice Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

^^ Thanks a ton - I will try it on windows :cool:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Download it from the link that Rahim has provided or make a demand in March/April demand thread for the windows version.

vaithy

In the zone
Now I am using Artistx 1.0 in my Laptop which is based on 10.04 Lucid with all the updates, Libre Office version 3.3 installed, no difference with OOo with features and performance,hope future release may trim the code base and boost the speed'n performance..
with regards,
vaithy

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I installed Libreoffice a month back. Not much different from openoffice. Opens a little faster than openoffice. I use Writer and Impress it everyday, no hiccups.

iamharish15

Broken In
I am currently using OpenOffice.org in Linux Mint 9 and found it similar to MS Office in features and simplicity,
I haven't tried LibreOffice though, but OpenOffice.org seems like a complete package to me, I will try LibreOffice and share my views about that too!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
get the latest version of LibreOffice here-
LibreOffice Productivity Suite Download » LibreOffice
and latest Open Office'-
OpenOffice.org Downloads

Really want the Open office name donated to the document foundation.

Top Bottom