Online Shopping & Delivery of products to India

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklight

Journeyman
Hi ppl ,
Wanted to know what's the procedure for buying online for products which are delivered only within USA/Canada . If i gave the shipping address of a friend (Living there ) and then asked him to ship it to India ? How much would it cost and what would be the mode in which the product would be sent (courier/post/???) Looking for a safe and reliable option.I'm sure most of you would have done this.Just share your experiences .Would give me and others more confidence.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Well i can help a little.

Newegg has good prices for computer in US but they dont accept international cards. So your friend has to order. Most of the HOT products come with free 3 day shipping.

Your friend can then ship to India. The Costs depends on Weight and time it will take for package to reach its destination (like Airmail, Ground Shipping etc). I dont know about others but mine was delivered by "Indian Postal" dept and they love to delay :D

Most of dealers on Ebay.com will ship International.

prasad_den

Padawan
Most ebay sellers ship internationally as mentioned above.. So just look for a reliable seller, and you might end up paying less this way than the method you have mentioned..

gaurav816

Broken In
i purchased lords of the ring triology-the extended dvd version from amazon.com, it's cost me about 52.62$ and shiping & handling 6.48$ and it takes around 15 days in deleiver

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ No custom???

@sukhdeep: If my friend couriers it from the US then how much custom will I have to give?
I plan to get 2900XT. Please elaborate a bit more whatever you said above.

And I have two options:
Dubai and US.
From where should I buy???

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
friends...what about the sellers and service of ebay.in India?any reliability problem with this site?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Ebay.in prices are way to high than market prices. Since most people in US buy online, the prices on Ebay International are low compared to markey prices.

@cynosure
I suggest you buy from US since US prices will be low compared to dubai. As for me.....here is what i did - tell your friend to write "GIFT" on the package and tell him to fake contents.

The Ebay Seller wrote"GIFT" and content "Board Games" although it was a MOBO :lol: Its a gamble but...

Most people say, computer parts reach home without much trouble...but you know India.....kuch bhi ho sakta hain :lol:

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ That sounds trouble.
If they try and open my package then they may sieze it too and then what if they file a case against me!!

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
cynosure said:
^^ That sounds trouble.
If they try and open my package then they may sieze it too and then what if they file a case against me!!
I think they know what is in the Package because i have seen they have a scanner.

So basically they know what is in it. Computer parts have lots of Govt Exemptions. How the "computer parts" is defined in law is something i am not sure of :D

Plus they wont create problem for something which is just few thosuands of rupees. The worst can happen is that they can charge duty.

To share a experience how strange it is - I have studies Income TAX and under One head of income.....you servant is a "family" member while your "brother" not dependent is not a family member :lol:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
cynosure said:
^^ No custom???

@sukhdeep: If my friend couriers it from the US then how much custom will I have to give?
I plan to get 2900XT. Please elaborate a bit more whatever you said above.

And I have two options:
Dubai and US.
From where should I buy???

hey u've made a good choice but dont u think..u should wait for 2950XT which will come in august?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom