Online access

Status
Not open for further replies.

hariharan

Journeyman
Is it possible to access another system ( by logging in ) through the internet?

My present system(office) is connected through a LAN network and connects to the internet. My target system(home) is connected to internet by an Airtel 256kbps connection.

I can guarantee that both the systems would be available online for the better part of the day. I have admin rights on both the system.

My home system : OS : Vista Home Premium
My Office System : OS : Win XP

What are the necessary software's I need to install and how do i configure them? I just need to connect to my home system from my office system, not the the other way round. I would like something like a remote desktop, but through the internet. Hope i made my requirements clear.. !

Guys, pls guide me.

paroh

Padawan
VNC will work for u but u need to set port forward for that port used by VNC.
As u want to access ur home pc from ur office pc so u need to port forward the port on ur home pc.

Last edited:
OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
Google for something called a 'Remote Desktop'

Thanks victor_rambo. I googled for Remote Desktop, but i find that the Remote Desktop Option is disabled for the Home Premium edition. More over I need something so that I can connect to my home PC using the browser, as I don't want to install anything on my office pc.

Also thanks paroh for the suggestion.. is it avail for free. any other free options would be appreciated. thnks

paid

Journeyman
I prefer Teamviewer with With more than 15.000.000 users free version secured with file transfer facility

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom