one of partition just ..got dead..urgently need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
i had 4 partitions on my pc... C ,D ,E ,F (20 gb each)...all fat 32 filesystem..and windows xp sp2 on . C ....due to some problems regarding defragmentation..and genuine copy of xp...i reinstalled a fresh copy of windows xp sp2 on C BY formatting it..
till this it was ok...
but the problem started when after reinstalling ..my C ,D ,E drives were working ..but F drive only icon is there ..and when i click on it in my computer ..it says .."THE DISK IN DRIVE F IS NOT FORMATTED .DO U WANT TO FORMAT IT NOW "
before this i had almost ...15 gb full of data ..on F drive..now in properties it shows as follows :
FILE SYSTEM : raw
USED SPACE : 0 bytes
FREE SPACE : 0 bytes

why is this so ??is that partition physically damged ??have i lost all my data on F drive ??(i hope so not )is there any way of getting it back ?is it physically damaged or only i need to format to make it normal ??

please tell me what do i do..to restore it to normal...with all my data....

why isnt anyone ...replying please its urgent ..really urgent ..i need some one ..

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Its not physically damaged.. Maybe you messed something up while choosing the partition at windows setup.. Formatting will bring back the partition. Try some recovery software (i recommend easy recovery pro) to recover the data if u can.

P.S: Why do you have FAT32 and not NTFS?

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
dont know why i have fat 32 ..tht fat 32 was better than..ntfs...is ntfs better ?
if i format it now..can i recover the data using the software u mentioned ?

thanks kalpik ..for replyin..i needed u ..and will need u r help till i m solved with it..also please see my other prob regarding getright .download
thanx once again

rajasekharan

Youngling
well data recovery softwares dont work 100%...there was an instance that my d,e,f dot delated once..i tried all the recovery tools...but in vain ....got 3 files, thats all.....try your luck....

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Recover your data using data recovery tools. Or install Mandriva Linux 2006 in a separate partition.
You can access all your Windows partitions using Konqueror (KDE) For eg., to access C drive type '/mnt/win_c'
in path. You can also access - read, write to NTFS partitions using Mandriva Linux. Access the F drive
(ie., '/mnt/win_f') and take a backup of the data in a DVD using XCDRoast CD/DVD burning software.
For your help you should have someone good in Linux to get the job done correctly.

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
idont have the linux ...uve specified......and dont even knw to use linux..nor do i knw a person who knws linux...

evryone tell me if theres alternate method to access it ??or i am ready to loose the data (as all was mp3 songs..which were old..had a few videos and movies...)

but if i format will it be alright..will wait till tmrw morning b4 formatting...
no recovery tool detects the drive..as it is raw filesystem .(whats raw by the way )

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yes. NTFS is much better. To convert existing partitions to NTFS (without loss of data) open command prompt and type "convert c: /FS:NTFS" (without quotes). Replace c: with the drive letter you wanna convert.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i think u messed up with ur master boot record.try as many recovery tools as u can get or try to get a live cd of linux.its free.if u are in jaipur than i can give u.
but i am sorry to say chances of getting data back are vey less.:( .but don't lose hope.also learn from ur mistakes and from next time don't mess with ur mbr.

regards,
gary

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
let it be i am gonna loose the data...

now i have learnt....some good things..to be taken care of...i will still learn more from people like u thank u all ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom