OMG PS 3 Games are UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil_blues

In the zone
I saw Gamer TV today and the games that are going to come in PS 3....believe me when i first saw the games i thought they are cut scenes or something....having all that detail and smooth surfaces....but they weren't!! they were scenes from the actual gameplay!! Metal Gear Solid looked FANTASTIC!! Just have a look at the screen shots of MGS for PS 3 below....I SAY IT AGAIN.....THEY AREN'T CUT SCENES!!!!!

*z.about.com/d/playstation/1/5/C/4/MGS4_12.jpg

*z.about.com/d/playstation/1/5/I/4/MGS4_Otacon.jpg

*z.about.com/d/playstation/1/5/H/4/MGS4_9.jpg

*z.about.com/d/playstation/1/5/D/4/MGS4_13.jpg

*z.about.com/d/playstation/1/5/B/4/MGS4_11.jpg

*z.about.com/d/playstation/1/5/E/4/MGS4_2.jpg

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
AFAIK Sony hasn't come out with any Playable Game Demo for the PS3 till now.The last game which made a sense of In-Game footage was Killing Day.From the last I had seen of MGS4 it clearly looked like a CGI Vid just like Killzone 2 and the rest.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@Sahil , u must download and see the MGS TGS video , the pics above are from the demo they showed in TGS 2005 .

MGS Video 71MB

If u have better Connection U can Also download the HD version of the above video
MGS Video(HD Version) 211MB

@Allwyn , yes the vids they have shown till date are all the target vids of the games that are being developed for PS3 , but the MGS video as they say is the realtime render that PS3 is capable of . still nothing will be clear until its launched .

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well I'll give my Vote the day these Bloody people release an actual In Game footage and by that I dont mean Word-By-Mouth thing or press releases but actual people playing those Games at some Tech Expos and stuff like that.Remember the time When X360 was nearing its release and they showed the Playable Games like Condemmed:Criminal Origins and Call Of Duty 2.Thats how it should go down like.For now enough Hype and Buzz has surrounded Sony to grab an good initial sales.Hope they don't screw up with the faulty stocks like Xbox 360 had suffered in the first few weeks.Moreover If they release these titles at launch with almost such realism then consider this console a surefire winner,Least to say.:D

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Most of these are renders that Sony says "approximate" what the developers claim to achieve with the final product. I'm not believing any of them until they're actually showcased in realtime by Sony. We'll have to wait until E3 2006 for that though. This year's E3 will probably belong to Nintendo and Sony just like last year's event was all Microsoft.

As for faulty consoles, those are inevitable at launch. The PS2 had major issues when it came out too. The PSP had a less than perfect launch as well.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
well you guys might be right then....when i saw it on gamer tv they said that they weren't cut scenes....after some searching on the net i found some quite similar to what i saw on TV....therefore i posted them....anyways do you guys think that PS 3 can generate graphics like that??

G

gxsaurav

i don't think they are ingame videos insted seems like A Pre-render

i saw it already on gamerTV, quite good

pakkasir

Broken In
No way these can be scenes from actual gameplay. They have been taken from the stupid in between gameplay videos which everyone tries to get rid of. So, no big deal.
I agree with allwyndlima, that is Sony knows how to create hype bloody well. I well remember the PS2 footages displayed by Sony PS2 website one month prior to its launch.
I'll buy PS 3 only when the price goes below 12k in the Indian grey market or some relative goes to Singapore. The PS 2 in the grey mkt of Singapore and Malaysia costs just around Rs.5000.

vmp_vivek

In the zone
pakkasir said:
No way these can be scenes from actual gameplay.

Oh yeah ? Just goto PS3 section in Gamespot and see the screenshots of the game : Project IM, which is the "Actual Gameplay" of that game. :? You will agree that PS3 "HAS" the ability to render at very high levels. 8) :)

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
PS3 is surely brilliant. I have seen the actual SonyCon UNREAL 3 Engine (UT 2007) Demos directly being real time rendered on a PS3 Devkit.. and it was actually a show with the lead programmer himself was demonstrating that. And I must say that the demo (showcased on a HDTV Plasma Panel) was brilliant !!!

Just Google "SonyCon Unreal demos" or else nething similar and u'll get a horde of links 4 dnld !!!

vmp_vivek

In the zone
rockthegod said:
PS3 is surely brilliant. I have seen the actual SonyCon UNREAL 3 Engine (UT 2007) Demos directly being real time rendered on a PS3 Devkit.. and it was actually a show with the lead programmer himself was demonstrating that. And I must say that the demo (showcased on a HDTV Plasma Panel) was brilliant !!!

Just Google "SonyCon Unreal demos" or else nething similar and u'll get a horde of links 4 dnld !!!

Yeah, I have that PS3 Unreal Tournament 2007 gameplay, and its brilliant: Both the graphics rendering and the game itself. :D

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Neways, the screenshots of MGS posted by sahil_blues are REALLY FROM THE REAL TIME PLAY of MGS 4:GOP on PS3 DEvKit.... Yesterday, I got a video fm a friend where some korean people were showcasing the MGS4 demo on a PS3 devkit in real time and they were explaining the tech specs and features of the game. I was amazed to know that, the polygon count of Snake's face and hair in MGS4 are the same as the polygon count of Snake's entire body in MGS3 !!!! :D

Try this :
*media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Listen up guys, don't get blown away by all this Sony bullsh*t. Do you guys remember the tall claims made by the same f*cking company before the PS2 launch?

They said that the PS2 (not PS3) could render the animated movie "Toy Story" in real time. Now tell me one game on the PS2 which has graphics even half as good as that movie.

Do you guys remember the Final Fantasy ballroom sequence showcased by Sony in E3 prior to PS2's launch? They claimed it was in-game and real time. As most fans of Final Fantasy will know, when that game was released the sequence was an FMV.

I fell for all that hype once before and if I fall for it again I'll be a fool. I ain't believing a thing Sony says until they actually show me the games running on the PS3. Till then my money is safely in my pocket (or until the price of the 360 drops below 15k).

For all those guys worried about the malfunctioning 360s get this: a significant number of the PS2s (I think it was close to 25%) sold in Japan on launch had defective dvd-drives, which Sony had to later on replace.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Whatever the case may be... the hype is what is responsible for the "heat" of a futuristic gadget, which in turn is responsible for its global sells, when its actually out 4 the masses !!! And Abhijeet_ghosh, I myself think that Sony doesn't spread bulls***. Ya I admit I am a hardcore fan of Sony becoz their consumer electronics products really ROCK !!! I myself own a lot of Sony gadgets and I am saying that all of them, even the 10 year old ones are running superb till date without any single probs, and I believe that PS3 will truly live up 2 da hype.

All of the PS3 demos/REAL TIME VIDEOS,.... roger that thing : "REAL TIME"....., available on net which I have seen, are being hosted by several reknowned servers and as far as I remember, there were not single opposition to the authenticity coz they were being showcased by the lead programmers and on a PS3 Devkit AND NOT SHOWCASED BY SONY.

Leave Aside the Hype of PS3, its my strong belief that it will surely outrun XBOx360 for its money and will be the king of consoles as PS2 was and rather "is" among its generation of consoles.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@abhijeet ,bullsh1t u call it but sony and microsoft both have shown target vids b4 the launch, MS also showed target vids b4 the release of xbox360 for example if u can remember the nfl video they showed as the nexgen game first to hit xbox360 , the whole video was too good to believe , and when the game finally released it was utter cr@p as compared to the gameplay video they released earlier .
thats why they call it target vids
Nemesis said:
approximate" what the developers claim to achieve with the final product

So if in ur opinion Sony is a F*cking company then so is Microsoft and others in the gaming industry.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I think Nintendo is perhaps the only company that doesn't blow things up for the media and to build hype. And as has been made clear, they're aiming at improving the gameplay experience rather than offer high-res imagery.

But I don't think we are doing any better than these companies themselves by arguing with each other and taking sides when the PS3 is nowhere close to being ready. Whether Sony can justify all it's claims remains to be seen. Hold up until E3 2006. That's when we'll know who has the best console. Until then, it's fruitless to argue over which one's the best of the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom