Old motherboard help urgent!!!!

minotaur

Broken In
I have old pc with the following config P4 2.66, 2.5 gb ram, Geforce 6200 256 mb AGP card and 80 GB SATA HDD. The Motherboard, an Intel 865 GBF, has got some burnt capacitors. My technician says that the only available replacements are cheap Chinese Motherboards with a warrantee of a year costing Rs 2000. Does it make sense to invest so much dough or shall I just sell it off?

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
"Chinese motherboards"?? that's a first..
You gotta let go of it if u are not satisfied..and if u have the budget go for a new build..u may get around 5k for ur current pc..
If u don't have the budget for a newer build then u'll have to make do with it..
You can easily get a p4 mobo but one with an AGP slot would be quite a task to find..

OP
M

minotaur

Broken In
BTW I have a new rig with the following configuration
i7-920 Intel WX58BP Motherboard 4 GB ram Radeon 5750 graphics card Samsung P 2250 monitor 1 TB WD Black 500 GB WD Drive 250 GB WD Drive. I want to use the old rig for the net and printing etc keep the new one for gaming editing. Dealer offered me Mercury 845 board for Rs 1475 with an AGP card and one year warranty. Should I go ahead? Is it true that nobody makes 865 type boards anymore? I need a socket 479 board with at least 4 dimm slots AGP and atleast one SATA slot.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Should have mentioned mercury earlier..go for it then..at 1400 even if the system delivers for a year it's a great deal..my neighbour has a mercury board with agp slot(not sure abt the model number) and it's running good since the last 4 years..

OP
M

minotaur

Broken In
Thanks Jaskanwar and Keviv just wanted to know if this Mercury MB has sata slots (I only have SATA hdds) and LAN ?

Top Bottom