OHHH MI GOD ...I made a blooper with N FORCE 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
blade_runner said:
@TheMask: The SK8N supports only the Opteron and the AMD 64 FX series both of which are socket 940. How will this dude install a socket 754 AMD 64 on it ??
Right on mate. I just looked at the price and even though i saw the model number, i just assumed it was a socket 754 board. I still cant believe u get a socket-940 board that cheap!!!

freshseasons said:
I think u are better informed
lol.. i am not as well informed as u think mate.. i screwed up.. sorry :).. Blade is right. that mobo wont support the socket-754 CPU i had mentioned in my earlier post. Hey, why dont u wait for the board to arrive and then let us know.. coz i still cant believe the price for the Asus SK8N to be soooo low!!

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Well Guys since today being sunday i will definatly get the board on monday....i confirmed this up with the Gati and the Docket ( parcel Courier ) number given by the seller is right....so alteast something is on the way...
Anyway i will do one thing .........! I will surely tell u if the Board is Nforce3 one and i will do one more than...i will post the Address and phone number of the dealer so u too can get the card from him Directly from Mumbai....
See yaaa till Monday.....TaTa :D

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Well Guys !!!!! I have a good news and a bad one for you.........
:) The good news is the board has arrived and its the same board...So now i gotta hunt for Athlon 64 Processor....
But The bad news is the price of the board is really that....i just happened to search for baazee and there i found the board i got is just the right price... :-( no real bargain or good deal i got there ....just follow this link to the baazee.....the post is about the processor but just scroll down and u will find the question and answer section where the seller clearly mentions the price of the board in the same category....viz GA KA 8V 800 and MSI K8N for around the same price...
So the final output is though i got the board i didint actually get the profitable deal as i thoguht....anyway one thing i quite clear....we really overestimate the price ....the technology we think is pricey may not always be...one gotta hunt...

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Ok First things first......... Heres the link to the baazee sitei forgot to add
*www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.jsp?Trade_TradeId=26597839
So see i didint get any great bargin.....
Now i am left with these wierd things .....
1) Amd Athlon 2600 +XP ( Barton )
2) A Stupid A266Mx ( Very incompatible even after updating the bios ) Asus
Board
3) 512 ( 266 Mhz ) Ram......
And to add to the tormoil.....
4) A Brand new nforce 3 Board From Asus... ( With no processor or Chance of Adding one in near future )
5) And yes a lot of disappointment........
I asked my local delear to sell my old Athlon board but he says its too old ; will get me only 500 Rupees and the New nforce3 he says its too new For Nagpur...noone is gonna buy it for next 3 months...here.... :x
Hmmmm anyone with Lottery Ticket :oops:

aadipa

Padawan
well try to sell both ur boards in Bazar Section
and get nForce2 based board from ASUS or MSI. couple it with 2*256MB 333MHz DDR RAM in dual channel and get a good AGP card.

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
:( These are all the wierd things i have got with me besides the above.....right now...Think someone will buy em'....
1) Geforce 2 Mx 100/200 64 Mb Sd Ram
2) Gigabyte Ati Radeon 9200 se 128 DDR
3) NVidia Geforce FX 5700LE 128 ( Not selling it coz using it right now )
4) Creative Soundblaster 4.1 Live Value
5) Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Live DE
6) Creative Audigy 2 ZS ( Not selling coz using it )
7) Internal Motorola Cipset Modem
8) D-link Ethernet 10/100 mb card...
The things i have accumulated since years coz i dont got good mind on my head....see i dont sell my old stuff and if u follow u will get my tread of buying...i dont buy the latest...middle -high stuff....like Geforce FX 5700 but LE version which is ok...but not Ultra....
Anyway i will try whatever u said....thanks Cheers :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom