OHHH MI GOD ...I made a blooper with N FORCE 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
:x Arrrhhh I did a stupid thing....I got a Ancient Asus A7V266MX motherboard with Athlon 2600+ Barton processor...i dono how i ran that thing with the motherboard but ran i did...
Anyway ofcourse the Pc used to hang at random times .. So thinking i got a really old MOBO i ordered a sparkling new nforce3 based Asus board.( I ordered it i dont have it right now coz i stay in NAGPUR and we need to order things from MUMBAI ).to actually run with Athlon 2600 Barton ..
Now from this forum i read somewhere nforce 3 only supports Athlon 64 FX Processors.....
Please tell me i read wrong and i dont need Athlon 64 Fx processor with it...Cheez can i run my old Barton on nforce 3 coz theres no way the dealer is gonna return the motherboard...Will i need to buy the costly ATHLON FX 64 .My board arrives 4 days later....
..........Die my ignorance :-((((( :roll:

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Dude if u have a Nforce 3 based mobo then it is probably for a AMD 64 processor. Tell me the model no of the mobo and i will tell you if it's a Fx mobo or a vanilla AMD 64 mobo. Your mobo will be mostly out of the two :

K8N-E Deluxe in which case its a AMD 64 mobo
and
SK8N in which case you are doomed, it's a AMD 64 FX mobo.

aadipa

Padawan
nForce 3 is for 64 bit Athlons (64 & FX 51/53)
nForce 2 is for 32 bit Athlon XPs (including Barton)
nForce 1 was for older Athlon XPs

u cannot use 32 bit CPU with board made for 64 bit & vice versa.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
well here is the links from thier official site to confirm that

SK8n: *www.asus.com/products/mb/socket940/sk8n/overview.htm

K8N-E: *www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=K8N-E Deluxe&langs=01

looks like trouble

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
yep, as suggested above, why dont u tell us the model number of the board u have ordered and we'll tell u how big a trouble u r in ;)

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
:eek: Duhhhh Are there actually 2 versions of 64 Athlon Processor....i mean whats difference with 64 mobo and 64 FX mobo ??
I dono the model of the motherboard i ordered :oops: coz i ordered it on the faith of my Stupid Dealer...from Mumbai...But that thing will cost me 5800 Rupees...
What is the price difference between Athlon 64 and Athlon 64 FX ? How wide is the performance difference....?
Inshort in how much deep in a hole i am....
How much does the above processors costs...???
Help a poor person who is on the verge of becoming more poor on this mistake.....!!!!!!!!!

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
freshseasons said:
:eek: Duhhhh Are there actually 2 versions of 64 Athlon Processor....i mean whats difference with 64 mobo and 64 FX mobo ??
I dono the model of the motherboard i ordered :oops: coz i ordered it on the faith of my Stupid Dealer...from Mumbai...But that thing will cost me 5800 Rupees...
What is the price difference between Athlon 64 and Athlon 64 FX ? How wide is the performance difference....?
Help a poor person who is on the verge of becoming more poor on this mistake.....!!!!!!!!!
Dont think NForce3 board is available that cheap.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
freshseasons said:

Dunno how you got a nforce3 @ 5.8k. The AMD 64 2800+ will cost you around 8k while the AMD 64 FX are in higher ranges around 35k to 40k. So i guess the AMD 64 would be a better deal.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
hi there well i dont think that returning the mobo would be a problem just tru pursuvading him tell him your mistake
by my experience i guess you will have to make a trip here to mumbai and coax him in giving a good ol compatible mobo to ur current processor

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
:D Hey strange but reading all your replies i called up the seller and he was pretty admant it being an nforce3 motherboard from ASUS.. He's asked me to wait till tomorrow as its arriving tomorrow . Moreever he gave me the model no too...ASUS SK8N nvidias nForce3 Pro 150...send Via GATI Courier Mumbai......The local dealer is Foreign Computer ,Bajaj Nagar, VRCE , Nagpur (MH)who procurred it from me...from Mumbai stockist.
NOW reading your replies this gets me in a fix....If as u say nforce 3 MOBO is costly :twisted: i am gonna sell it in local market. Since i get it at 5800 Rs can you tell me what price is better for me to sell so i can earn a cool profit.
See i really dont have 30K to 40K for Cpu as some of your have suggested..All Stupid me did was ask the price of the MOBO nforce3 and since seller said 5800 was it , i paid the sum and ordered the Board...Until i released the mess i am in...
Geeee GOD help me with this Mess... :roll:

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
or... u can couple that mobo with a A64 2800+ (socket 754). The CPU wont cost u more than 8500 bucks. And u'll not have to upgrade for a couple of years :)

And, that mobo costs that much only. No point in trying to sell at higher price.

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
:) WOw , THEMASK Thanks , I think i will do just that...people really scared me when they said the MOBO Costs twice nforce2 and i am not getting nforce3 at that price....and i will need a really expensive processor..
I think u are better informed :wink:
Anyway :D I will just do what you said.....
Hmmmm Any one with other opinion ....!!!!!! :roll:

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Ya freshseasons u better be well informed abt the avatar size ..........

@TheMask: The SK8N supports only the Opteron and the AMD 64 FX series both of which are socket 940. How will this dude install a socket 754 AMD 64 on it ??

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Yup Blade_Runner , This dude is not going to install Athlon 940 Scoket Pro...coz this Dude aint got that much money to splash on 30k above processor......But funny huh......That this MOBO costs just 5800 K and its processor will cost above 30k.... Isnt that much difference , i figured mobo and Processors have some good price equality ...but this thing is too great a difference. :?:
You sure i'm getting this MOBO at right price.....!!!!!!!!

PAls CHEERS i removed the Avataar...actually i thought i was stuck with this stupid nick ANALOGUE NOVICE after my nick and putting up a good Avataar will remove it...seems its stuck with me....on second note ...Can it be removed...can't i get digitized like most of you..... :p

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
freshseasons said:
Yup Blade_Runner , This dude is not going to install Athlon 940 Scoket Pro...coz this Dude aint got that much money to splash on 30k above processor......But funny huh......That this MOBO costs just 5800 K and its processor will cost above 30k.... Isnt that much difference , i figured mobo and Processors have some good price equality ...but this thing is too great a difference. :?:
You sure i'm getting this MOBO at right price.....!!!!!!!!

PAls CHEERS i removed the Avataar...actually i thought i was stuck with this stupid nick ANALOGUE NOVICE after my nick and putting up a good Avataar will remove it...seems its stuck with me....on second note ...Can it be removed...can't i get digitized like most of you..... :p

I havent checked for the price of the SK8N so i am not quite sure. But it's either that ur vendor is stupid o he is sendin u the wrong mobo, did u get the mobo yet ?

Also the label "analogue novice" depends on the post count...so u can't change it. The more posts u have the higher u will progress. And u can resize ur avatar and put it up, no probs with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom