Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
first of all i beg the mods to ban this troOl..

:ban:

and yeah Mr.Troll if u dont want to buy samsung spica thats your choice..
no need to tell us what to to do..

you were the one who need help to buy a phone under 12k NOT us..

and so i conclude by telling all my fellow forum members to stop feeding this troOl..

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

hey sriharsha..

do i need to format my phone and my Sd card before i flash??
i need to know this ASAP as i am dying to flash my phone!

and also after doing my flashing "ritual" can i use another samdroid kitchen mod without losing any of my data..

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

No need to format your phone before flashing, if you want to try app2sd then you would have to partition your sd card in recovery console, so no need to format your sd card before flashing as well.
Both of them would be cleared of all the data during this process anyway, so why format them again ;)

yeah help me on these issues to be more precise..
because i really hate losing all my data and starting from scratch..

If you don't want to lose any data, then try "My backup pro" app, after installing samdroid mod you can use samdroid backup tool. But I prefer my backup pro.
sorry guys..please dont ban me..just got a bit impulsive ..dont like samsung phones...please delete all refrence to it
OMG When did all this happen.
If you didn't like Samsung phones, then no one compelled you to go for it.
If I'm not wrong you were the one who asked for it.
If you have a budget of 30K+, then no one would have suggested you spica over X10,N1, Desire etc.
Don't understand why do people come up with their bullshit without using them.

please dont ban walkmanguru @mods

@walkman you can read the other review of this phone here..:mrgreen:

Code:
~snipped~
After reading that article, one thing is for sure, he is one dumbass idiot when it comes to using smart phones,let alone android. who doesn't even know how to merge/delete contacts, no one in this thread ever faced switch off problem when kept in pockets, wonder where had he shoved it up his , again complains about the firmware errors and again says factory reset cleared it, doesn't even know that multiple language keyboard exists. these self contradictory statements remind me of a few trolls here and another dumb troll, who also never used Spica and feels like he just got an apple of eden in the form of this bullshit post.

Don't come up with your bullshit blog links again, May be many people here don't know that Fonearena filed a takedown request for this blog after his over enthusiastic blog links in some other thread a few days back. So stop flaming/biased posts/baseless comments etc if you want to contribute here.

The Spicas competitor, the Mini is finally in stores. :)
lol Let the sales speak, I don't think X10 mini is competition for any phone in this segment given its puny dimensions. It will however be a niche phone which would attract people of that sort :)

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@neerajvohra: This is your final warning. Stop spamming all threads with links to your blog.

sachitgul

Journeyman
so Sriharsha u mean to say that no matter what i am going to lose my data after flashing??

i thought if i dont format phone and sd card then the phone goes into that endless boot loop..

and about the My backup pro app..
its a paid app right??
i thought we couldnt buy paid apps in India..

this data thing is the only issue which is stopping me from flashing..

:sad:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
so Sriharsha u mean to say that no matter what i am going to lose my data after flashing??

i thought if i dont format phone and sd card then the phone goes into that endless boot loop..

and about the My backup pro app..
its a paid app right??
i thought we couldnt buy paid apps in India..

this data thing is the only issue which is stopping me from flashing..

:sad:
You can just use wipe data/cache in recovery mode to solve that :)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Decided to try the new JIT optimized for ARM11, let's see if it is stable or else I'll revert to Standard DVM

@mananknl
Have you tried here *bit.ly/a3Wm2I

sachitgul

Journeyman
god damn..
i was flashing and did everything correctly but my phone is still stuck in setup connection for like 5 minutes now..

i am using the i570EXXJE1 and put all the files in the respective directories in Odin and used new .ops file..

what seems to be the problem??
should i remove the battery??

would hard resetting the phone be of any help???

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
god damn..
i was flashing and did everything correctly but my phone is still stuck in setup connection for like 5 minutes now..

i am using the i570EXXJE1 and put all the files in the respective directories in Odin and used new .ops file..

what seems to be the problem??
should i remove the battery??

would hard resetting the phone be of any help???
What you forgot everything about the driver issues that we discussed long back??
Try installing "kies" or try what we did earlier, also check if usb debugging is enabled, it worked for@jain_pranav

sachitgul

Journeyman
What you forgot everything about the driver issues that we discussed long back??
Try installing "kies" or try what we did earlier, also check if usb debugging is enabled, it worked for@jain_pranav

I did actually install both the USB and the modem drivers again..
and i double checked them before flashing..

but now that i selecte USB debugging i cant see both of em..

should i try reflashing it??

and now i cant even install those USB and modem drivers

what do i do??
hard reset?!?!?

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

ok i flashed the firmware correctly now..
also flashed Lkmod 2.5.1..

but now my phone is stuck in the "samsung" screen..
i did see the blue samdroid screen..

so i thought lets wipe cache in the recovery mode..
but when i enter recovery mode by Vol Down + Call End + Call Start

but i get an exclamation mark when i go into recovery..
and nothing else happens..
damn this..

did i brick my phone!?!?
:cry:

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

on top of all this..
i must have removed my battery atleast 20 times to restart the phone!

will this have any negative effect on the phone!!?

damn i cannot even use my phone..

help me out here sriharhsa..
plz..
asap..
:cry:

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
blue samdroid screen???
I think you installed lk mod instead of LK 2.02
@vulpine corrected our posts, you overlooked that.??
even I was confused yesterday, actually forgot that a modded firmware LK mod existed and started calling LK 2.02 as LK mod, hence the confusion

LK MOD is modded firmware and LK is recovery kernel mod. Thanks @vulpine for correcting :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ SriHarsha, I think you need to create a new updated guide (with every clear step and link) to flash the phone. Incidents like with Sachit scare new users of the phone like me :| .
I would highly appreciate any such effort.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@tarey_g
All the samdroid mods installations are clearly mentioned by its author, so never thought of any guide as such, anyways I'll try to update that guide, the main problem seems to be the installation of samsung drivers, Also results were not the same for all users, So finding a standard procedure to install those drivers has been a real prob. Mostly its been trial and error for us.

Installing Samsung Kies should fix that problem for most of us, I need some input I were to update that guide, as to how each of you managed to install those drivers, coz the method I posted didn't work for some.

@sachit
exclamation mark again??
Did you by any chance use the old spica.jc3 again??

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
meanwhile I tried those experimental samdroid components and here are the benchmark results.

Benchmark apps I used are

Linkpack for Android

Quadrant Standard Edition

Benchmark

I'm just posting the results of Linpack and Quadrant here

On STANDARD DVM (Stock)

*img532.imageshack.us/img532/5025/stock1i.jpg*img96.imageshack.us/img96/7857/stock2o.jpg

On DVM ARM11 OPTIMIZED

*img412.imageshack.us/img412/5425/dvm1.jpg*img295.imageshack.us/img295/6951/dvm2.jpg

On JIT ARM11 OPTIMIZED

*img153.imageshack.us/img153/8871/jit2.jpg*img215.imageshack.us/img215/3590/jit1.jpg

Meanwhile one of the results was surprising coz RAM in spica seems to be 160MB

*img535.imageshack.us/img535/1308/cap201006021210.jpg

Guys it would be helpful if you post your benchmark results on firmwares you are on. So that it would give us a better idea, which firmware is stable and fast, and which mods are better in terms of Speed etc.

Plz post your scores using the apps I mentioned above :)

maddu5731

Broken In
@sriharsha
The samdroid mod awesome(LeShak is awesome)...the phone doesn't lag at all
also launcher pro is too cool....
Can u tell me about samdroid tools, apps2sd,etc
I got an application with the samdroid mod itself...i.e. superuser permissions...what is this?
Also how to take screenshots...?

Thanx in advance

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@sriharsha
The samdroid mod awesome(LeShak is awesome)...the phone doesn't lag at all
also launcher pro is too cool....
Can u tell me about samdroid tools, apps2sd,etc
I got an application with the samdroid mod itself...i.e. superuser permissions...what is this?
Also how to take screenshots...?

Thanx in advance

Superuser permissions is just a firewall app for super user access, to control which app can have SU access.

Since Samdroid mod is rooted, you can install any screenshot app from market and take screenshots :)

I use "dropcap", for its flexible trigger options.

@maddu
can you please post benchmark results from your phone for comparison :)

sachitgul

Journeyman
blue samdroid screen???
I think you installed lk mod instead of LK 2.02
@vulpine corrected our posts, you overlooked that.??
even I was confused yesterday, actually forgot that a modded firmware LK mod existed and started calling LK 2.02 as LK mod, hence the confusion

LK MOD is modded firmware and LK is recovery kernel mod. Thanks @vulpine for correcting :)

so what do i do know??
should i flash the same firemware again??

and no i did not use the old .ops file again..

damn i dont know what to do..
:(

sachitgul

Journeyman
ok now im on LK kernel 2.02..
leshak's name changes ruined it..

now im going for a kitchen cooked mod..

so what the diff between.

samdroid mod 1.2.x and
samdroid mod 1.2.x.jp and
samdroid mod 1.2.x.twm

which one should i choose??

and yeah i think i will try the experimental components later..
bcz IMO 2.2 might be coming for our phones..

:)

Top Bottom