Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

vulpine

Broken In
@Filledvoid
Finally got working wifi tethering :))
Modded my phone with LK2.02 mod( for netfilter)
The app from the link you specified didn't work, It creates a adhoc network and I'm able to connect, but ip is not assigned on client side.
Checked samdroid forums and noticed that app was modified to Spica and was posted in samdroid forums. uninstalled previous app and installed this one, and viola tethering works like a charm.

Link: *tinyurl.com/2cdya5l

Harsha,
Can this app be used to 'reverse tether' I mean sharing sharing PC internet on phone.
I 've searched a bit and found that android doesn't support ad-hoc!!
So, wifi access point is the only way or am I missing some thing?

BTW, how do U guys access connect to internet..???

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Harsha,
Can this app be used to 'reverse tether' I mean sharing sharing PC internet on phone.

BTW, how do U guys access connect to internet..???

Yeah I tried to do the same, bridged my LAN and Wifi Card and created a adhoc network. But phone is not able to detect this network, even when I entered Network Name manually.

But even my MotoRokr had ways to share Pc's internet connection with phone. So may be there are ways of doing this on Android. I have no idea how!!

I normally connect to Internet via Wifi Router if I'm in home and outdoors I use GPRS connection.

vulpine

Broken In
But even my MotoRokr had ways to share Pc's internet connection with phone. So may be there are ways of doing this on Android. I have no idea how!!

I normally connect to Internet via Wifi Router if I'm in home and outdoors I use GPRS connection.

Yeah there are ways to make android do ad-hoc. I found a guide demonstrated on G1. It requires rooting though. I don't want to root just for this (or this early)

I found a sofware called connectify which turns ur PC into a wifi accesspoint
unfortunately it works on WIN7 only. I'm still on good ol' Xp.:oops:

ashish_karoo

Broken In
hi, i have been following the forum for a long time. I have one doubt. can I flash my spica with my PC having Vista business(Using the steps given in the forum earlier). In some other forum i read theat it works with XP only.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
hi, i have been following the forum for a long time. I have one doubt. can I flash my spica with my PC having Vista business(Using the steps given in the forum earlier). In some other forum i read theat it works with XP only.
You can flash it in Vista :) No problems at all.

Infact I flashed mine in Win 7, so vista shouldn't be a problem at all. But run ODIN in admin mode.

jain_pranav

Broken In
Everyone is waiting for sriharsha to come up with something new he discovered in the phone..any app or sumthn which is just amazing :D

OP
F

FilledVoid

My phone works great this way. I sometimes get tired of my system and use my phone instead to browse while on the bed :D . All you need is to setup the network right ad your phone should automatically find the wireless access point. If you have it protected then enter the password etc. At the moment I have BSNL Router connected to a Wireless Router which is setup to act like a bridge. Thus It allows for downloading for applications and any other tasks quite easy :) .

vulpine

Broken In
Good News!!!:)):))

Samsung India is updating spica to android 2.1 They have released it on apr 25 For now, This can be done only at samsung service centers(only in major cities as of now). Call customer care to know if its available in your city.
Ofcourse update is free
Update through NPS is not available yet.
Also read that they are selling spica with 2.1 from next week

Firmware they are updating to is i570EDDJC5
I have read it here

OP
A

ankitsagwekar

Good News!!!:)):))

Samsung India is updating spica to android 2.1 They have released it on apr 25 For now,

Firmware they are updating to is i570EDDJC5
I have read it here

waiting samsung-firmware to release this firmware :oops:

jain_pranav

Broken In
Well i also read the comments posted there..2 ppl frm chennai n delhi r sayn itz available.
Im frm delhi..il jst confirm 2mrw.great news if itz true :D

OP
F

FilledVoid

Wow this is great news indeed :D. Definitely didn't think it would come out that fast!

OP
A

ankitsagwekar

unless any of us update to this firmware, backup, and upload it.
I dont think there is any one from India in samsung-firmware mods. I may be wrong tho.

do you know how to backup firmware with kernel and csc ?

Top Bottom