Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Congrats Harshaa
Treat eppudu :))
Avunu White emaindi??
Yep as jain_pranav said 1.5 is Cupcake, Donut is 1.6 :)
Looks like both our phones are from same batch and same distributor.
*img25.imageshack.us/img25/9431/20100424215227.th.jpg

vulpine

Broken In
Congrats Harshaa
Treat eppudu :))
Avunu White emaindi??
Yep as jain_pranav said 1.5 is Cupcake, Donut is 1.6 :)
Looks like both our phones are from same batch and same distributor.
*img25.imageshack.us/img25/9431/20100424215227.th.jpg

Thanks!!
Hyd'bad ki vachai Racha cheddam!!

white....I love it...But didn't get it.
Actually black looks better in flesh its like matte black and it feels good!!!

Same pinch bro!!

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Thanks!!
Hyd'bad ki vachai Racha cheddam!!

white....I love it...But didn't get it.
Actually black looks better in flesh its like matte black and it feels good!!!

Same pinch bro!!
Coming on May 4th :p
actually Gitam exam ki le,

Are you planning to come to Chris Pfeiffer's stunt show near prasad's at 5PM on May 4th
Check this for more info
*tinyurl.com/2w6ngls

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

@Filledvoid
Looks like this mod has netfiilter added to it and I hope this works for tethering.

I'll try this mod tomorrow and let you know.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Yeah 4th step is same as flashing JD1.

According to that guide phone should reboot in recovery mode itself. If it doesn't then may be you'll have to do it manually.

I haven't rooted with this guide since mine is JCE, but steps in that guide are pretty straightforward, so that shouldn't be a problem.

But if you are not sure of any step, then its probably better to wait for someone with JD1 to try this and then you can do the same.
Hey I m successful in rooting my spica having JD1 in first try itself with those steps... :cool:

vulpine

Broken In
Coming on May 4th :p
actually Gitam exam ki le,

Are you planning to come to Chris Pfeiffer's stunt show near prasad's at 5PM on May 4th
Check this for more info
*tinyurl.com/2w6ngls

Really??!!
I m not sure. But I ll try

Hey I m successful in rooting my spica having JD1 in first try itself with those steps... :cool:

Congos!!!

My spica is still a baby:razz: Its has got a long way to go.

-------------

Need some help here
I have a wired internet via ethernet on my lappy
can i share the internet to my phone via wifi??

I 've tried a lot but in vain
If anyone is successful please help me...

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Considering the thread is getting huge beyond belief why don't you guys set up a couple of links to good/important posts about the Phone or Android and Ill make an Index for them in here or the Android thread!

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Considering the thread is getting huge beyond belief why don't you guys set up a couple of links to good/important posts about the Phone or Android and Ill make an Index for them in here or the Android thread!
Thank You :)
I was about to ask you if something like that was possible since most of them are asking about the same links again and again and It would be easy if we had an Index.

We'll try to come up with some useful links, then finalize the list and create an Index

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@Filledvoid
Finally got working wifi tethering :))
Modded my phone with LK2.02 mod( for netfilter)
The app from the link you specified didn't work, It creates a adhoc network and I'm able to connect, but ip is not assigned on client side.
Checked samdroid forums and noticed that app was modified to Spica and was posted in samdroid forums. uninstalled previous app and installed this one, and viola tethering works like a charm.

Link: *tinyurl.com/2cdya5l

*img210.imageshack.us/img210/4418/cap201004261118.th.jpg*img717.imageshack.us/img717/2830/cap2010042611181n.th.jpg
*img717.imageshack.us/img717/6033/cap2010042611181.th.jpg*img689.imageshack.us/img689/4850/img0129a.th.png*img11.imageshack.us/img11/2260/img0130.th.png*img683.imageshack.us/img683/3061/img0134.th.png

Last edited:

the4thwarrier

Right off the assembly line
When the phone is in normal usb mode the device manager shows "SAMSUNG ANDROID USB MODEM" but when i switch over to the download mode the device manager automatically shows "SAMSUNG CDMA MODEM" under the modems section......what shud i do,please help me out with this problem

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Can't understand what you mean by downloaded file ??

Yes, your phone should be switched on, but should be in "Download mode" , refer STEP-4 in that tut

when i use the phone in normal usb mode then the device manager shows "SAMSUNG ANDROID USB MODEM" but when i switch to the download mode the device manager automatically changes the modem to "SAMSUNG CDMA MODEM".....what shud i do,please help me out with this issue

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
When the phone is in normal usb mode the device manager shows "SAMSUNG ANDROID USB MODEM" but when i switch over to the download mode the device manager automatically shows "SAMSUNG CDMA MODEM" under the modems section......what shud i do,please help me out with this problem

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

when i use the phone in normal usb mode then the device manager shows "SAMSUNG ANDROID USB MODEM" but when i switch to the download mode the device manager automatically changes the modem to "SAMSUNG CDMA MODEM".....what shud i do,please help me out with this issue

Read Post no 134 of this thread

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Tried that but now it shows "SAMSUNG MOBILE MODEM".....have been trying to load 2.1 onto my phone from about 9 in the morning but still no success

Let Me get back home to answer you in brief.
Go through that tutorial again on post 134
, and crosscheck each step. That might help.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

OK I'm Back, What exactly is your problem, If it shows Samsung Mobile Modem, then there shouldn't be any issue!!!!!
Is Odin stuck at "setting up connection" or any other error ??

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Here's my contribution to that index list.

Starting with the specs of phone, since it is not listed in India site yet, I'm posting Ireland Samsung's site.

SPECS & REVIEW

Samsung Spica

Spica With 2.1 Review by GSM Arena

OFFICIAL FIRMWARES

Samsung-Firmware.webs should be the one stop site for all our official firmware needs.

MODDED FIRMWARES, FLASHING GUIDES,
ROOTING ETC.

Samdroid Forums - You can find all Spica specific mods and rooting guides here.

Sameer Prabhakar's 2.1 Flashing Guide

Sameer Prabhakar's Rooting guide

I followed these guides to flash mine too, but I had many doubts while going through these guides, So I compiled my very own guide which I feel, is more plain and easy. You have to say if it's useful or not :)

2.1 Flashing guide by Harsha ;)

I personally feel rooting methods from Samdroid forums are far better, so its your choice finally.

These are a few links that came to my mind. Share yours and lets create a better Index for this thread.

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Thankies! I have edited the first post a bit and included the URLs in it. Ill check with other Mods and see if I can create a separate post for it on the first page. Keep those contributions coming and Ill edit accordingly.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Thankies! I have edited the first post a bit and included the URLs in it. Ill check with other Mods and see if I can create a separate post for it on the first page. Keep those contributions coming and Ill edit accordingly.
Thank you :)
Yeah it would be better if you can create a separate post :))

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I'm afraid that can't be done without meddling with the database :(

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Nonetheless it has been done. You should have a single post for the Index now :) . Now keep them contributions coming.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Nonetheless it has been done. You should have a single post for the Index now :) . Now keep them contributions coming.
OMGWTFBBQ! What did you do?! :eek:

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Ah! You moved one of your earlier dated posts to this thread! Nice thinking :)

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
OMGWTFBBQ! What did you do?!

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Ah! You moved one of your earlier dated posts to this thread! Nice thinking
HAHAHA yes that seems to work fine.

Top Bottom