Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

sachitgul

Journeyman
damn how do i do step 5..??

it asked me to install but i cancelled it and the 2nd time it failed to do it..

nw wat do i do?!?!
maybe i shuld try manually...

Last edited:

jain_pranav

Broken In
Y hvnt u flashed wid an asian firmware ? The latest firmware released on samsung
Firmwares site is of february which is 2.1...
N i guess tht will not void warranty..nt sure abt warranty though.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
lol..
drivers installed perfectly...

**sigh**

i get tensed to easily..
:grin:
lol
So everything is working fine then good going :)

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Y hvnt u flashed wid an asian firmware ? The latest firmware released on samsung
Firmwares site is of february which is 2.1...
N i guess tht will not void warranty..nt sure abt warranty though.
I don't think there is any Official Asian 2.1 Firmware yet and hence I stuck with it.
Yep double checked with Samsung firmwares, No Official Asian FW 2.1 yet. You might have come across modded ones.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

oops sorry sachit, saw your visitor msg now.
Any doubts now??

sachitgul

Journeyman
lol
So everything is working fine then good going :)

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

I don't think there is any Official Asian 2.1 Firmware yet and hence I stuck with it.
Yep double checked with Samsung firmwares, No Official Asian FW 2.1 yet. You might have come across modded ones.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

oops sorry sachit, saw your visitor msg now.
Any doubts now??

yes..
did everything perfectly..

it still got stuck in setup connection for 10 minutes..

btw while selecting the PDA file it selected it but showed invalid file message box..

nw i have removed the battery and restated the phone..

also nw i cant see the drivers that i installed..

waht do i do nw??

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
yes..
did everything perfectly..

it still got stuck in setup connection for 10 minutes..

btw while selecting the PDA file it selected it but showed invalid file message box..

nw i have removed the battery and restated the phone..

also nw i cant see the drivers that i installed..

waht do i do nw??
Hmmm Do one thing, connect the phone now and check Device manager, under modem and USB controllers. If under modem the device name is "SAMSUNG CDMA MODEM" then you need to change them via update driver option.
Have you restarted in Download mode or Normal mode??

Where did you select the PDA file, if you are getting any errors then rename the file as i570EXXJCE_PDA.tar and check it again.

sachitgul

Journeyman
Hmmm Do one thing, connect the phone now and check Device manager, under modem and USB controllers. If under modem the device name is "SAMSUNG CDMA MODEM" then you need to change them via update driver option.
Have you restarted in Download mode or Normal mode??

ok i connected my phone again in download mode and found out that the drivers are still there..

but when i select the file type in PDA it selects it but shows me the invalid file type message box..

did u get it too??

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

btw shuld i select one package as shown in the picture??

sachitgul

Journeyman
god damn it!!!!

i got some bloody exclamation mark on the phone at now it asks me to put some new drivers..

what do i do nw?!?!

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
oops I read it some where!!!!!! Is it stuck there?? Wait
Don't worry it wouldn't brick the phone, you can retry again, but wait, I'll check that

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Okay there you go try it
if you get stuck at the screen with "!" mark, deattach the usb cable remove phone battery, replace it and then again plug-in the cable. It'll show as charging, and at this point press power-on button. It should boot normally *www.androidforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
BTW can you tell me the names of the devices that were installed while phone was in download mode.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
god damn it!!!!

i got some bloody exclamation mark on the phone at now it asks me to put some new drivers..

what do i do nw?!?!
Are you sure about that, coz whilst flashing, a unknown device msg popped up for me too, but I didn't get any exclamation mark.

Yeah no worries, just replace battery :)

sachitgul

Journeyman
oops I read it some where!!!!!! Is it stuck there?? Wait
Don't worry it wouldn't brick the phone, you can retry again, but wait, I'll check that

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Okay there you go try it
BTW can you tell me the names of the devices that were installed while phone was in download mode.

waht do u mean by devices??

i installed the drivers from the link which u provided..

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

now its stuck at the samsung loading screen..

it loads 100% but isnt going ahead??

is it bricked??

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
These Devices
Ignore "android" from that device name, you may or may not get it but the modem name should be SAMSUNG USB MODEM, not SAMSUNG CDMA MODEM

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
yup that is wat i got..

but im still stuck at the samsung loading screen..
i removed the battery but still its getting stuck..

damn..
did i brick it??
Disconnect the phone from PC, Remove the battery, Put it back and try to get it in "Download mode" again. In the mean time restart your PC and recheck the phone by connecting it to PC after reboot.

You didn't brick it. You wouldn't get any display if yours is bricked.

sachitgul

Journeyman
Disconnect the phone from PC, Remove the battery, Put it back and try to get it in "Download mode" again. In the mean time restart your PC and recheck the phone by connecting it to PC after reboot.

You didn't brick it. You wouldn't get any display if yours is bricked.

ok will do that..
brb..

Top Bottom