Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

sachitgul

Journeyman
Re: samsung i5700 or i7500 ?

damn i dont have the bill..
the guy who i got it from told me that the phone is under warranty..
he said the IMEI number is all that matters..

and then i find the damn warranty card..
im confused here..

and abt the leather cover..
tight?!!??!
more like 10000 pounds of force..
damn for a second i thought i mite break the phone while putting it in..

and yeah i will ask abt the screen guard..
IMO a 3.2 inch one should be available as a lot of android phones have 3.2 inch screens..

sachitgul

Journeyman

@Sriharsha..

how can i put all my contacts and messages form my Nokia 5130 to the i5700??

do i have to upload them to google or smtn...??

and hw do i do that??

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

sorry yar,I didn't saw the previous threads.Just for helping Him I gave a reply.Thats it.

helping who?!?!?
:glass-surprise:

dushi23

Right off the assembly line

hey just bought i5700 and loving it like anything...between i m in a fix can some one please tell me how to disable gprs on the same...will be of great help...thanks in advance

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone

hey just bought i5700 and loving it like anything...between i m in a fix can some one please tell me how to disable gprs on the same...will be of great help...thanks in advance

Download and install an application called apndroid from the market to enable/disable gprs connection.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

@Sriharsha..

how can i put all my contacts and messages form my Nokia 5130 to the i5700??

do i have to upload them to google or smtn...??

and hw do i do that??

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

helping who?!?!?
:glass-surprise:

Just Export your contacts from 5130 in csv format via Nokia Pc suite, upload it in google/gmail contacts and using a new group label while uploading makes it easy, so that you can select which one's to show/hide in phone, coz in phone contacts you can select which groups to show/hide.

Donno about sms sachit, why don't you export them to xml and try sms backup and restore app to try and restore them in i5700, I'm not sure it works, just an Idea ;)

Download "Toggle Data" widget from market. just keep that widget on homescreen and you can enable/disable gprs in one click :)
is white colour available in india ?
Yes, it is. I was told about both the colors while purchasing, I opted for black though.
Download and install an application called apndroid from the market to enable/disable gprs connection.
apndroid has been quite buggy in Spica, using "Toggle Data" widget instead of it.
sorry yar,I didn't saw the previous threads.Just for helping Him I gave a reply.Thats it.
It's ok yaar, take it easy :)

sachitgul

Journeyman

i already have a backup of my contacts but they are in VCF format..
will that be good??

i mean can i use em??

arunks

Hey here is the aks

hey i m getting i5700 in 11000 only in my city but i7500 is around 24k... is that correct price as per other cities...

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone

hey i m getting i5700 in 11000 only in my city but i7500 is around 24k... is that correct price as per other cities...

lol @ 24K! That was the box price when i7500 was launched; now its 13-14K. 11K is good price for i5700.

sachitgul

Journeyman

the i5700 is like 13.5K in mumbai...

and the i7500 is 14.5K..
it was launched at around 28K..

and IMO the i5700 is the better choice for anyone deciding between the two..

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox

someone pls tell me some place in mumbai where spica can be bought?
most shops near me are not having it and saying it will take a week or so to come.
is this because the 2.1 updated spica will hit market. or soemthing else?
so please tell em good shop in mumbai to buy spica at good price.

even alpha is saying it will take 5 days

arunks

Hey here is the aks

lol @ 24K! That was the box price when i7500 was launched; now its 13-14K. 11K is good price for i5700.

yes i got the prices verified.. its 11k for i5700 and 14K for i7500 ... But i7500 is not available any more... in my city...

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

i already have a backup of my contacts but they are in VCF format..
will that be good??

i mean can i use em??
Nope I don't think so, have you sold your 5130 or what?? If yes then use any contact manager app to convert that VCF files into *.CSV and then upload them, also do read this for more info on how to import to gmail.

@arunks

Dude u r mistaken i guess..
In delhi,
i5700 - 12.5 k
i7500 - 15 k

and the i7500 is 14.5K..

yes i got the prices verified.. its 11k for i5700 and 14K for i7500 ... But i7500 is not available any more... in my city...

11K :shock: Is that without bill/warranty or what?? Coz I bought mine for 12K, which is the dealer price here, managed the same price as the seller was as friend of mine.
Between i5700 & i7500, just forget about the price cut on i7500 and forget about that AMOLED screen, 5MP cam and 8GB internal memory. What you get is a 800MHz proccy with Spica, which is far better and future proof, get a 8GB card that's it.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Any Updates on that 2.1 upgrade anyone??
Though custom rom's are available, I want to try the official one first.

OP
A

ankitsagwekar

and the i7500 is 14.5K..

i m going to buy i7500 next week

why you think i5700 is better ? only because of 800mhz processor and Android 2.1 ?

in extra 1k i m getting AMOLED screen, 5MP Camera, 5GB free Space
did you try both phone before buying i5700 ?
how is screen look difference ? [TFT vs AMOLED]

did you buy i5700 because poor battery life of i7500 ? if yes i don't care about it because new FW of i7500 is solve that issue

only thing i like of i5700 is Android 2.1

just give me answer of this, it's very helpful to me to buy my next phone

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

someone pls tell me some place in mumbai where spica can be bought?
most shops near me are not having it and saying it will take a week or so to come.
is this because the 2.1 updated spica will hit market. or soemthing else?
so please tell em good shop in mumbai to buy spica at good price.

even alpha is saying it will take 5 days

+1

also tell me where i get i7500 in mumbai if anybody know.

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox

from what i have heard the screen quality diff is not much. spica also has great screen.
cam is obviously not much good of spica.
but the porccessor enables it to play divx files out of the box which is a great feature if u watch movies.
also android 2.1 and further upgrades to android will be possible with spica while with galaaxy it will be very sluggish and lags a lot.
in conclusion most ppl who bought spica are very ahppy with their purchase.

do try out both the phones in the store for a few mins before deciding. and post a review after u do buy.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

from what i have heard the screen quality diff is not much. spica also has great screen.
cam is obviously not much good of spica.
but the porccessor enables it to play divx files out of the box which is a great feature if u watch movies.
also android 2.1 and further upgrades to android will be possible with spica while with galaaxy it will be very sluggish and lags a lot.
in conclusion most ppl who bought spica are very ahppy with their purchase.

do try out both the phones in the store for a few mins before deciding. and post a review after u do buy.
I haven't seen i7500 personally, but when I compare Screen quality of Spica to Samsung jet(which is AMOLED as well), the diff is not much.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

@Sachit
Need a small favour, Can you check this for me, Are you able to make a call while charging via USB??
Please check it once and reply

jain_pranav

Broken In

spica is nt available easily in delhi..
At last found a shop which had jst 2 handsets left n i purchased 1 :)
Bought a black one though for 12.5k dealer price..

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

why you think i5700 is better ? only because of 800mhz processor and Android 2.1 ?

did you buy i5700 because poor battery life of i7500 ? if yes i don't care about it because new FW of i7500 is solve that issue

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

+1

Its your choice at the end of the day buddy, We like i5700. If you feel i7500 to be better go for it na. For me proccy was like future proof so went for it.
Also if there is nothing wrong with that phone, why are they selling it for 10K less. I was skeptical about that, i5700 was my choice :)

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

+1

spica is nt available easily in delhi..
At last found a shop which had jst 2 handsets left n i purchased 1 :)
Bought a black one though for 12.5k dealer price..
Congratulations :)

TO MODS: Hey mods, how about changing the thread name to Spica discussion thread instead of the current one. Is is possible??

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox

went with my friend today to alfa and bought a spica for him for 12.4k

i played with it for a few min just after buying. the cam was good i felt although many ppl had said it wouldnt be good. and i have used n73 before which has a good cam.

then i tried gps which worked like a charm.
i was going in an auto and in google maps our location came up and also the direction in which we were heading and as our position changed the map got updated.

the notifications bar which one has to pull was very smooth overall also the touch screen part is pretty good.

now tommorow my firend will load some more media etc and then i will play with it some more.

Top Bottom