Official Samsung Galaxy SL (i9003) Thread

sach1000rt

Journeyman
custom rom has been relealsed in xda forum here [I9003][ROM] UltimateSL v.1 - First Custom Rom for I9003 - Coming sooon - xda-developers
And you can order from letsbuy using rcomlsb coupon will be around 17900 Rs and it is cash on delivery.
i got my phone 15 days ago, from that site.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
although it is a vfm phone for it's features but would still recommend HTC Desire S.......atleast have a look at boh devices before buying....
For the extra price you get a better build quality.......Sense UI(yes not everyone would want to root their brand new phone) and above all ....great XDa support

[tocuhwiz is like a cheap iOS knockoff so is the look and feel]....maybe something more original would have been better..

p>S: personally i think samsung should ditch their all plastic same design for all galaxy mobile.......a better build quality will make it a better deal.....

sach1000rt

Journeyman
htc doesnt have the good audio quality and camera quality that samsung has.
htc is just getting hyped like apple. No offense. I am not a samsung fan either.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
purchased it yesterday for 20K from The Mobile Store. It was same price everywhere. Tried rcomslb at letsbuy but didn't work. Anyways I didn't want to wait either! :)

So far so good.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
although it is a vfm phone for it's features but would still recommend HTC Desire S.......atleast have a look at boh devices before buying....
For the extra price you get a better build quality.......Sense UI(yes not everyone would want to root their brand new phone) and above all ....great XDa support

[tocuhwiz is like a cheap iOS knockoff so is the look and feel]....maybe something more original would have been better..

p>S: personally i think samsung should ditch their all plastic same design for all galaxy mobile.......a better build quality will make it a better deal.....

They are going to start a new section in XDA forums, as this is fairly new for these stuffs but anyway one can get Custom ROM for zis phone.

And of course TouchWiz is crap, but it doesn't mean that phone is also crap. At least look at the specs and price and compare it with Desire S.

purchased it yesterday for 20K from The Mobile Store. It was same price everywhere. Tried rcomslb at letsbuy but didn't work. Anyways I didn't want to wait either! :)

So far so good.

Congrats man. So hows the phone? Did you like it?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I am loving it buddy. Though I am not in hurry to root and flash it, but will need your guidance in finding best custom rom for this. I have joined xda-forums too and found few threads for i9003 roms. Lets see...

So is SuperOneClick v1.9.1 really safe to root this mobile?
One more thing, how do I make backup of stock rom?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I am loving it buddy. Though I am not in hurry to root and flash it, but will need your guidance in finding best custom rom for this. I have joined xda-forums too and found few threads for i9003 roms. Lets see...

Yes, we are asking mods there to open a new section for i9003. Its so sad even the low-end phones have a section and not this one.

BTW The Custom ROM from rex4u will be released in one or two days and AFAIK it's stable and rocking as per the beta testers.

So is SuperOneClick v1.9.1 really safe to root this mobile?

z4root will not do any help for 9003, so S1 click is good. ANd perfectly fine as i see many members there used this root.

One more thing, how do I make backup of stock rom?

Use NANDROID and backup the folder to PC (as keeping it in SD card is not good idea at all) and that's it.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
thanks for the tips, I will follow suit ;)

about xda, maybe it is a new handset that's why no section yet. But as the handset really rocks I am sure there will be a separate section there.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
thanks for the tips, I will follow suit ;)

about xda, maybe it is a new handset that's why no section yet. But as the handset really rocks I am sure there will be a separate section there.

Yeah, thats why we are posting a thread daily to remind admins how many users are there with 9003. Let's see what happen.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
They are going to start a new section in XDA forums, as this is fairly new for these stuffs but anyway one can get Custom ROM for zis phone.

And of course TouchWiz is crap, but it doesn't mean that phone is also crap. At least look at the specs and price and compare it with Desire S.

I agree the hardware is good.....but wait a sec was'nt the same h/w available with Wave I and everyone knows why it was a crap device even though it was aggressively priced and had features comparable to galaxy S.....it is not the h/w only that makes a device......software is as much imp...

My point was for a newbie.....Touchwiz android exp is crap......whereas give the extra 4k and one comes in terms with what android is capable of.....(this is just for those afraid of rooting there device).......coz who can pay 19k for touchwiz can pay 21k for HTC........most don't even care.......

For the technical one's there are way better and cheaper options ;-) ....

sach1000rt

Journeyman
people are so obsessed with htc sense ui. if you dont like touchwiz ui use some other launchers. and in future some developers on xda may port sense ui to i9003 also. dont crap the mobile for just ui.
compare both devices camera test videos on youtube, you will come to know.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
@sach1000rt: ignore him dude.this is the thread for helping guys with i9003, lets carry on with that.

BTW I noticed that after rooting my handset it started to lag a bit. Is it just my imagination or is it for real!

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@sach1000rt: ignore him dude.this is the thread for helping guys with i9003, lets carry on with that.

BTW I noticed that after rooting my handset it started to lag a bit. Is it just my imagination or is it for real!

Apply lagfix if you feel so.

AFAIK Rooting doesn't make your phone lag.

wwwescape

Journeyman
I'm loving this phone...

I have some queries though:

1) The box says 4GB. When I check the system information on my phone, it seems the 4GB is split between the Internal memory and Internal SD storage. Is this right?

2) I can't seem to move apps to the SD storage. I keep getting a 'Not enough memory' message.

3) Though the in-built camera app is decent, I'm looking for a better replacement. I tried Camera Advance, whose interface is not very good. I also tried Camera360 Free, which lags when used.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I'm loving this phone...

I have some queries though:

1) The box says 4GB. When I check the system information on my phone, it seems the 4GB is split between the Internal memory and Internal SD storage. Is this right?

Right. 2GB for Apps and 2GB for others.... :D

2) I can't seem to move apps to the SD storage. I keep getting a 'Not enough memory' message.

Same here. Try a new external SD Card and see if that works.

3) Though the in-built camera app is decent, I'm looking for a better replacement. I tried Camera Advance, whose interface is not very good. I also tried Camera360 Free, which lags when used.

Try Vignette. Professional looking pics can be taken but its not Free. or try something like Pudding Camera, which is not so awesome but will do the job

sach1000rt

Journeyman
try lgcamera app. ive heard its good.and regarding my phones performance, after 15 days only once it got hanged may be because of mobile network(call didnt connected). apart from that no restarts till now played hours of hd games like bloodstorm, gangstar no problems till now.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I am on 3G. that too it is not unlimited so I end up using huge bandwidth daily while in office :( (at home where I use Wi-Fi)
NetCounter is one app that I am using right now to keep an eye on how much data quota I have used up. Any other app which is better than that?

wwwescape

Journeyman
Camera ZOOM FX looks promising... Tried it on my friends HTC Desire HD but still find something missing... The perfect camera replacement app would be one that has the simplicity of the native camera app but with added advanced features...

EDIT: Uninstalled all the camera apps I installed earlier and kept the native camera app until a better camera replacement app comes out...

3G Watchdog looks promising and will install that once I get my Mobile Internet / 3G working...

One thing I'm very keen on is a good video player... I have installed a player called VPlayer Advanced from a friend when I first bought my phone and it played every video I threw at it without any problems... The only issue for me was I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet except for a few Android APK download blogs... Now I've seem many similar looking players come up in the market: VPlayer (Free Trial) with VPlayer Unlocker and VPlayer Unlocker (), Best Video Player PRO and VPlayer Pro... Now which one of these are dependable apps? So far VPlayer Advanced has given me no problems but would like a community approved video player for all my video playback needs... Any feedback would be appreciated...

Top Bottom