Official OVERCLOCKKER'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

bala_cpu

Broken In
Did any one tried out the big bang 2 drivers(180 series)for nvidia graphics cards???? How far is the increase in performance???? And i also want to know when will nvidia add support for nvidia 8600 gt in 180 series driver.. They have added support for 9300 and 9400 which has very less crunching power than 8600, any idea??????

kskarun

Right off the assembly line
I plan to buy a Q6600, with Asus P5Q Pro motherboard with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro heatsink/fan. I'll probably get a CoolerMaster case (with twin 120mm fans).

I'm currently in Bangalore, but will be moving to Chennai, which as you know is very hot and humid (outside temps touch 40C, humidity 85%). I won't have the machine in an AC environment. Is overclocking advisable given such a climate with the air cooling setup specified above? (I've read that Quads get hotter than a Q2D like E8400). How far can I go in OC'ing?

Thanks!

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Well, luk at the Artic Freezer Pro due no probs.

I have friends Overclocking under 43C in Delhi so I guess no problem.

Well, safe is to stay at 3.4GHz max as going further isn't much of an advantage really.

3.4Ghz will be like a QX9770 almost in performance.

kskarun

Right off the assembly line
comp@ddict: Thanks for that, puts me at ease. If I understand you correctly, you mean that since I have the Arctic Freezer Pro, I shouldn't have any problems OC'ing, right?

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

YEs, stock coolers suck for OCing

That cooler is an scellent solution, and shud allow 3.6GHz easily even at the weather conditions you have mentioned.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

==============================

Got only idea or news about the OC results of E7300 yet?

EDIT:
GOT it

E7300 o0 4.4GHz !! OO lala

*forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=248207

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

desibond--
ASUS Rampage II Extreme motherboard, Intel's Core i7 965 EE processor, a duo of ASUS Radeon HD 4870 X2 graphics cards, a 1,200W Thermaltake power supply, and 3GB of Corsair's prototype thermo-electrically cooled 1,866MHz DDR3 DOMINATOR memory.

Hexus overclocked the 3.2GHz part to a whopping 5.2GHz

*www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=16297

^^

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Finally found a very good guide:

Beginner's guide to Overclocking, CPU, Memory, Graphics Card:::[/b
]

*www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1803

*www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1804

ganeshravi

Broken In
hi,
i overclocked my cpu to 3402Mhz

but there seems to be one fact i dont seem to understand.... my ram is an 800mhz ram but my DRAM frequency is showing only 378... does this mean that i have a lot of room for more overclocking..???

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

well, it shud be 400MHz AFAIK.

Well, as long as it is functioning fine, it's k

've got 333Mhz RAM, but DRAM is some 16x something

I cannot xplain properly. Hopefully someone else sees this

ganeshravi

Broken In
^^
well it peaks at 400Mhz(the DRAM as shown in CPU - Z)... but in my bios menu it shows my max ram frequency is 800Mhz(my current reading is 756Mhz but i think it can exceed 800Mhz if i overclock.. but not willing to test that :D).. as am from chennai and owing to the humidity and the temperature here, and also considering that i hav a stock cooler, i'm not taking the risk of runnig my cpu at 3600Mhz which i can rach max on my cpu... i've set my fsb to ram ratio 1:1 (1600 :800)... so wat u mean to say that 400 dram is correct?

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

400 is correct

Keep at 3.4Ghz for the conditions and stock

Not much benefit frm xtra clock aftr 3.4Ghz xcept if it's 4GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom