Official OnePlus One Discussion Thread

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Guys, anyone here who has his phone delivered, Any issues with yellow tint or so. Also i have a query regarding the camera. Why does it take a 4:3 aspect photo in its higher resolution. Even my Sony xperia SL took higher aspects than this. LG G3 with higher pixels manages 16:9. Then why OPO?

ankush28

Bazinga
Guys, anyone here who has his phone delivered, Any issues with yellow tint or so. Also i have a query regarding the camera. Why does it take a 4:3 aspect photo in its higher resolution. Even my Sony xperia SL took higher aspects than this. LG G3 with higher pixels manages 16:9. Then why OPO?

Most phones work like that only :p. Most people use 4:3 for taking photos. 16:9 is for videos and some rare photos. Additionally if I am not wrong 16:9 photos are just cropped from 4:3 by software. very few phones have same horizontal pixels in 16:9 and 4:3 mode.
source - small photography class from friend :p

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Most phones work like that only :p. Most people use 4:3 for taking photos. 16:9 is for videos and some rare photos. Additionally if I am not wrong 16:9 photos are just cropped from 4:3 by software. very few phones have same horizontal pixels in 16:9 and 4:3 mode.

Thanks a lot. So phones like LG G3 crop pics from 4:3 too?I am a noob in photography, so pardon me for asking stupid questions. :p . Was just trying to compare some shots from my older phone.

$hadow

Geek in making

This is the reason why Samsung is nailing it when it comes to photography. It is providing 16:9 in full 16 mp format and when the pics come out they have that X-factor in them if the photo is taken on good lighting conditions.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Since we clarified our support for OTA firmware updates for OnePlus One global devices, we’ve received a number of inquiries regarding OnePlus One devices sold in India.

As we had pledged to our users, OnePlus One global devices will receive our OTA firmware updates. If a user in India purchased a OnePlus One global device in channels outside of India, they will receive our OTA firmware updates. However, this excludes OnePlus One regional devices sold directly in India. We are committed to our exclusive partnership in India with Micromax, which will be launching its first Cyanogen OS device under their new YU brand.

Erm...What the hell is going on??So we won't be getting updates??!!

*cyngn.com/blog/2014/12/oneplus-one-global-device-update/

daemon1

Journeyman

This is really bad! but this was already discussed from the time they announced partnership with MM as they mentioned "Global" devices.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
CM could have very well clarified in their earlier statement that this did not cover phones sold by amazon.in. This is bizarre. And yeah FU Micromax. Maybe this was the reason why people haven't got the updates yet in their phone.

daemon1

Journeyman
CM could have very well clarified in their earlier statement that this did not cover phones sold by amazon.in. This is bizarre. And yeah FU Micromax. Maybe this was the reason why people haven't got the updates yet in their phone.

Well, no one is going to buy MicroMax because of CM but oneplus has been dented for sure!

tkin

Back to school!!

Bwahahahaha, $h!t, I'm out for now.

My love for G2 grows once again, I'd rather use a stable L Rom from LG(Q1 2015) than be the beta tester for the new CM Rom, I'll wait till march to see how stable their new Rom is.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, no one is going to buy MicroMax because of CM but oneplus has been dented for sure!
You got that right, people will buy micromax for their popularity and cheap price. Meanwhile OPO will not do so good now. First issue is the CM one, then the blasted stupid invite system. Combine these two and I see many people dropping out. Not everyone who buys a phone knows or cares to flash custom roms. If OPO targets that segment only then I wish them good luck, because they are gonna need it.

tkin

Back to school!!
There is uproar even about yellow tint issue which i think affects about a quarter of all devices.
It's been there forever. They tried to fix it by rom updates and changing color temperature but that's a hardware fault, can't be fixed.

BTW: I'll just leave this here: *forums.oneplus.net/threads/experience-at-a-op-service-centre-fourtech-computers-pune.197906/

Aaand this: *forums.oneplus.net/threads/yellow-...-vikas-during-ama-on-reddit-yesterday.201250/

Last edited:

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well the current crop of lcd screens are warmer aren't they? I can't really comment about yellow tint on oPO but I had a similar issue on my mi3, which disappeared eventually, so it must be the glue thing
And the thing about service that is to be expected, these guys are still a start-up company after all,
People should be well aware of the risks in buying phones like this
You break it, you are pretty much at risk of turning it into a brick

Now I'm having second thoughts about this phone. Mine is yet to be delivered. I can refuse it.
Or I can accept it and return it within week, if I don't like it.
There is return policy of amazon, right?

amjath

Human Spambot
I have a little yellow tint issue too. OPO forum members has a fix for that. Few minutes in the UV light can fix it. As [MENTION=107549]kamikaz[/MENTION] said it is because of glue. But where I find UV light instead from sunlight.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW i raised a return request but wanted to keep it and DIY for the UV thing. So please tell me where to get this UV exposure

Top Bottom