Official Nvidia 9800 GTX Specs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
1. By Q4 2007 (Xmas) NVIDIA will be releasing their GeForce 9800 series GPUs.
Unlike previously expected the codename for nVidia's next generation GPU will NOT be "G90" but instead be "G92".

I have some info form NVIDIA insider about the upcoming G92 graphics processors.

G92 will be released in November 2007 timeframe in the form of "GeForce 9800" series.

"G92" GeForce 9800 GTX specs.

- 65nm process technology at TSMC.
- Over one billion transistors.
- Second Generation Unified Shader Architecture.
- Double precsion support (FP64).
- GPGPU native.
- Over one TeraFLOPS of shader processing power.
- MADD+ADD configuration for the shader untis (2+1 FLOPS=3 FLOPS per ALU)
- Fully Scalar design.
- 512-bit memory interface.
- 1024MB GDDR4 graphics memory.
- DirectX 10.1 support.
- OpenGL 3.0 Support.
- eDRAM die for "FREE 4xAA".
- built in Audio Chip.
- built in tesselation unit (in the graphics core"
- Improved AA and AF quality levels

Pros.

65nm process will allow for better yields and better power consumption. power consumption will be lower than that of a GeForce 8800 GTX.

GeForce 9800 GTX will be over two times faster than a GeForce 8800 Ultra in real world games and applcations.

Release date : November 2007. There will be TWO products at launch: The flagship GeForce 9800 GTX and the second fastest GeForce 9800 GTS.

price for the GeForce 9800 GTX will be 549-649 USD.

price for the GeForce 9800 GTS will be 399-449 USD.

Source -> *www.xbitlabs.com/discussion/3953.html

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
At least we can expect some price fall in the 8xxx series.

Well, I have been saying similar things for some time now. When 8xxx series came out, I mentioned 7xxx series price will fall and so on. I am still stuck with my 6800GS.:(... Not that I am dissatisfied with it, though...:):D

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I dont understand exactly how much to wait until you can buy a Graphic card sensibly.There is simply no such thing as future proof.
This is getting more and more pathetic.
:-(

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
freakin killer newzzzzzzz :) :) :yeah:baby:
just what I was waitin for....... 512 bit mem-interface... A-W-E-S-S-U-M !!!!
Time for me to start saving money for a SLi sys.... !!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
soon there will be the 10k series and then 11k.... i think they should give sometime for the market to stabilze. nvidia are becoming like nokia, launching sooooooooooo many models in such a short interval. this will only create more confusion among end users. they should haf a consistant gap between two architectures.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Just fix the damn power requirement. GeForce 8 series has enough power if optmised drivers & low power requirement can be achieved.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
this means dx10.1 releasing sometime in october i thought it'll be 45nm fab. but 65 is good enough 399-499USD is not bad enough.no point in buying a high 8xxx card now

also is it pci-e v2?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
From what i read the Graphic card will also embed sound chipset.
Ya ya ! By the way Nvidia is going they may as well embed Processor on it !

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^ to route HD DVD audio through the HDMI port.

GPUs today have lots of power. With Vista new 100% software sound it makes sense to use GPU for all sound prosseing cos GPU can calculate a lot & we can have even realtime dolby digital encoding.

I just wish I could use my gfx card as a calculater. this way using GPGPU tech GPU can assist CPU in general purpose X86 like calculation like acting as a CPU while rendering in 3Ds Max.

Even a Geforce 6600 GT has more number crunching power then my P4 3.06 ghz.

A GPGPU can easily act as another CPU in your computer. Just look at AMD Firestorm or NVIDIA CUDA cards & technology.

Last edited:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
gx_saurav said:
I just wish I could use my gfx card as a calculater. this way using GPGPU tech GPU can assist CPU in general purpose X86 like calculation like acting as a CPU while rendering in 3Ds Max.

thatz precisely where the future of gfx cards will be headed to !!!! A complete all-in-one solution for daily and general computing needs... this means more varied power n operation in a smaller form factor.... wow !! :)

Maybe sometime later extremely powerful PCs will be the size of a soap-cake.. just connect it to a stunning 30" display and maybe a holographic disk drive and njoy your games and PC apps with wireless controllers... phew....!!!! May I live long !!! :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The wait cycle never ends. Just buy something & trust me, it will hold for lot of time. I bought a Geforce FX 5900XT in 2003 & It is still working, although not as a gaming gfx card :p

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
The trick i think is to get the best out there ! This usually stay in the race for long!
I was wondering why nvidia doesnt join Processor battles, against Intel and moreso against AMD ( As AMd owns ATI too).
Wouldnt it be so worthwhile!

cynosure

UbuntuUser
gx_saurav said:
The wait cycle never ends. Just buy something & trust me, it will hold for lot of time. I bought a Geforce FX 5900XT in 2003 & It is still working, although not as a gaming gfx card :p

Yeah I think you are right. My friend still games on XFX 6600GT at 1024:768 with most of the eyecandies. :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I was wondering why nvidia doesnt join Processor battles

They don't need to, but who knows the future. nVidia already has a very good calculater in form of a graphics card which can do more calculations per second compared to a CPU. What they need is software support & even better API so that iTunes can use the power of GeForce cards to encode music to mp4 (Example)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom