Official iOS devices thread

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

I have done it dude. For me it is essential as I want to break free from AirTel and I want to test the MTNL 3G. The net works awesome with MTNL 3G.

I am using the 3G Jadoo package. It seems economical too, 1 GB for Rs. 450/-

It might be late and you might have already done but just to inform.. Yesterday i jailbroke and unlocked one of my friends iPhone 3G v3.1.2. I used blackra1n. its very easy and fast. Let me know if you need any help :) Ya i saw your post that you tried blackra1n. Did you tried rc3? The rc1 dint worked for me also.

zboy123

Broken In

It might be late and you might have already done but just to inform.. Yesterday i jailbroke and unlocked one of my friends iPhone 3G v3.1.2. I used blackra1n. its very easy and fast. Let me know if you need any help :) Ya i saw your post that you tried blackra1n. Did you tried rc3? The rc1 dint worked for me also.

I used blackra1n too and it was fastest jailbreak ever. However, I face a strange problem.... Installous doesn't work. Help!!

PraKs

Youngling

Is there any safe jailbreaking soft ?

What are your chances of passwords (yahoo mail/gmail) sent to hackers if you use certain jailbreak software ?

Artemis

The Last Puff

I'm planning to buy an iPhone, but the i dont want to spend 30 grand on a phone, what is the cheapest way to get a phone?? jailbroken is fine for me, also procuring it from outside will be ok for me...getting the phone from usa for 200$ and jailbreaking it, is it possible?

Last edited:

the.kaushik

I'm planning to buy an iPhone, but the i dont want to spend 30 grand on a phone, what is the cheapest way to get a phone?? jailbroken is fine for me, also procuring it from outside will be ok for me...getting the phone from usa for 200$ and jailbreaking it, is it possible?

ya possible.also let us know how you are getting for 200$

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

yes. it is possible and is a better way as it's better to get the phone for 9k and use it safely than spending 35k and face n00bs at Airtel/Vodafone for support issues.

the.kaushik

yes. it is possible and is a better way as it's better to get the phone for 9k and use it safely than spending 35k and face n00bs at Airtel/Vodafone for support issues.

what support issue man? I am more than happy with airtel service. My iphone screen came out a bit after it fell from my hand. I got a direct replacement from airtel. They changed it after 7months use. and i have a brand new iphone again. :|

Artemis

The Last Puff

"However if you dont mind paying 400$ for the 8g iphone then I believe you can sign the contract and pay 200$ for the 8gb, then use it a month and cancel, they will charge you 200$ plus what minutes you used and ect, and you get to the keep the phone and everyone is happy."

This was on a forum, basically i get 3gs for 400$, also wanted to know that jailbreak is possible on that, right?

And could u confirm if it is true?

the.kaushik

"However if you dont mind paying 400$ for the 8g iphone then I believe you can sign the contract and pay 200$ for the 8gb, then use it a month and cancel, they will charge you 200$ plus what minutes you used and ect, and you get to the keep the phone and everyone is happy."

This was on a forum, basically i get 3gs for 400$, also wanted to know that jailbreak is possible on that, right?

And could u confirm if it is true?

I doubt. Can someone confirm?

dinesh72

Journeyman

I bought iPhone 3gs and using airtel sim. I want to have data plan with it. How do I get one. Basically I want internet working. Which is best plan for iphone.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

Enjoy this 'Romantic' alogrithm:

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/Romance-iphoneFlowchart.jpg

Last edited:

akashprakash

Right off the assembly line

hi i am using an iphone 3g. i am having problem connecting to the wifi even though it recognizes it, it doesnt connect to the internet. in my laptop i need to use a dialer to connect to the internet using wifi. plz tell me how i can connect to internet in my iphone.

the.kaushik

hi i am using an iphone 3g. i am having problem connecting to the wifi even though it recognizes it, it doesnt connect to the internet. in my laptop i need to use a dialer to connect to the internet using wifi. plz tell me how i can connect to internet in my iphone.

what inetrnet are you using.. that might help to answer your query.. Am bit confused with the question.

zboy123

Broken In

@dinesh: Airtel has a iphone data plan, find how you can get it activated for your phone.

@akash: I faced this problem initially while connecting through Airtel's beetel router, try upgrading the modem firmware.

PraKs

Youngling

Is there any safe jailbreaking soft ?

What are your chances of passwords (yahoo mail/gmail) sent to hackers if you use certain jailbreak software ?

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!

^^ change toor password from alpine and you are good to go

*img13.imageshack.us/img13/131/88153583.gif

i have made a short photo tutorial on my touch , check it

Last edited:

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

Finally,I've successfully upgraded my iphone 3GS to OS 3.1.2,

Thanks to Geohot's Blackra1n!

Inititially when I upgraded,I got my SIM uncrecognized,then blacksn0w did it for me!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/updateproblem2b.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_0123.png

Now,I got some interesting themes and wallpapers from winterboard!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_0138.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_0128.png

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_0142.png

At last,Amazon's "kindle" and "photshop" are available for India

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_0141.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_0139.png

I've got so many useful apps,I'll try to share reviews slowly,

Guys,share your review too!

Long Live this thread!

Last edited:

PraKs

Youngling

@max_demon, Thank you

Will just changing password on terminal makes jail broken iPhone safe ?

People jailbreak using Blackra1n/blacksn0w etc etc. I meant to say are these jailbreaking software safe ? Are there any hidden files which might send your yahoo/gmail passwords while using GPRS.

dreams

Gracias Senor

change the pwd for ssh thru terminal. ppl wil be able to intrude ur iphone or touch only thru it. so if u change, they wil hv nt be able to.

Top Bottom