Official iOS devices thread

hahahari

In the zone
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

I would love to buy an Iphone 3Gs... How to buy ... where to buy (Singapore, US etc) ... whats the price I would need to pay ... I am pretty much a noob when it comes to this ..

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

I would love to buy an Iphone 3Gs... How to buy ... where to buy (Singapore, US etc) ... whats the price I would need to pay ... I am pretty much a noob when it comes to this ..

*apple.com click the STORE tab :D :p

hahahari

In the zone

*apple.com click the STORE tab :D :p

haha ... bro ... I am hoping some other version will be cheaper/btter or something...

I have looked it up and have seen that iPhone just aint worth it ... my N79 beats it hands down when it comes to connectivity and call features... What I need is a iPod Touch ... And its a helluva lot cheaper too...

I have an uncle in Sharjah ... do you think it will be cheaper to get it from there ???

The price as seen from Apple website is

US: $399
IN: 24,400

thats for the 64 GB variant...

Let me know fellas... Also does it need to be jail broken for best use?? If so can I do it myself??

Last edited:

the.kaushik

haha ... bro ... I am hoping some other version will be cheaper/btter or something...

I have looked it up and have seen that iPhone just aint worth it ... my N79 beats it hands down when it comes to connectivity and call features... What I need is a iPod Touch ... And its a helluva lot cheaper too...

I have an uncle in Sharjah ... do you think it will be cheaper to get it from there ???

The price as seen from Apple website is

US: $399
IN: 24,400

thats for the 64 GB variant...

Let me know fellas... Also does it need to be jail broken for best use?? If so can I do it myself??
Dude no comparison in this thread please. We all here are mostly having geek background and we know what beats what. So please discuss iphone and touch related things only. Lots of thread are already there in digit forum still fighting.

Jailbreak will give you access to themes and some outstanding apps like backgrounder,SBsettings etc. It will give access to cracked apps again its ur personal call how u want to use it. Touch is really good if you dont want to spend for a mobile. Its a great music and gaming device but what you will miss is gps only.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Yeah!! I have to do it every-time a new s/w update comes up for my flatmate :(

btw Kaushik dude it seems you have jailbroken yourself to 3.1. I updated to 3.1 but haven't jailbroken mine yet. Reason: No window pawnage tool application by dev team. Now it sucks not to have macbook for another reason. I just don't wanna use any custom firmware rather a trusted one. Could you upload your's or point me to some which actually works? I understand posting such links won't be allowed on forum. Maybe an email or pvt msg?

Dude i dint saw ur request before.. missed it. i will upload the jailbroke ipsw tomorow.

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

hi my phone is unlock and jailbreak in india and all network work flawless but in UK when i insert any simcard it shows No service ?(i know the last thing is same process which i have done early.)is any suggestion different please from m bracket your words are welcome.

hahahari

In the zone

Dude no comparison in this thread please. We all here are mostly having geek background and we know what beats what. So please discuss iphone and touch related things only. Lots of thread are already there in digit forum still fighting.

Jailbreak will give you access to themes and some outstanding apps like backgrounder,SBsettings etc. It will give access to cracked apps again its ur personal call how u want to use it. Touch is really good if you dont want to spend for a mobile. Its a great music and gaming device but what you will miss is gps only.

So what you mean is Jailbreaking is risky but fruitfull.

Also what about my query with respect to buying it from Sharjah where taxes are low or buying it here from Apple website?

-Hari

the.kaushik

So what you mean is Jailbreaking is risky but fruitfull.

Also what about my query with respect to buying it from Sharjah where taxes are low or buying it here from Apple website?

-Hari

If you are buying an operator unlocked phone which usually cost more (One which you get in india from Airtel and Voda) is risk free. Try what ever you want and if something goes wrong you can restore with itune. But for locked phones there is aways risk of your baseband getting locked.You need to take extra measure. It can also be restored but its a matter of time and until unless someone comes for your help. Also the iPhone 2G is preety much very easy to unlock but i doubt you get it new anywhere now.

No idea about Sharjah
Posted again:
hi my phone is unlock and jailbreak in india and all network work flawless but in UK when i insert any simcard it shows No service ?(i know the last thing is same process which i have done early.)is any suggestion different please from m bracket your words are welcome.

Might look foolish suggestion but still DID YOU TRIED searching available networks from your setting and see any network there? Try selecting one of them. Service not found comes when you are not connected to any network. I doubt it has something to do with unlocking :)

Last edited:

zboy123

Broken In

Dude i dint saw ur request before.. missed it. i will upload the jailbroke ipsw tomorow.

Thanks a ton. I'll wait :)

Might look foolish suggestion but still DID YOU TRIED searching available networks from your setting and see any network there? Try selecting one of them. Service not found comes when you are not connected to any network. I doubt it has something to do with unlocking
Many people have faced this problem. Dev team moderators normally suggest to pop your sim in and out and try going in out of airplane mode.

@hahahari As Kaushik suggests getting it from abroad is indeed risky if you are spending that much. I prefer to be on the safe side so got it from Airtel. Unless you have an international warranty never get anything from abroad. I have seen several of my friends grieving with laptops bought abroad cause once there is any issue with the device it'll cost you an arm and leg to get it repaired. As for ipod touch, I don't think it makes sense to carry an mp3 player that big along with a smartphone. It's just stupid. iPhone is all in one and is indeed worth it. But that's just my opinion.

Also, in my opinion iPhone is great but Apple iPhone just sucks. What I mean is Apple just closes the door of this otherwise great device. But once you jailbreak full potential of the device is revealed to you.

I have a 30fps video recorder, torrent client, VLC and mplayer, remote desktop app, awesome whitoken theme (google it) and more installed on my iPhone thanks to jailbreak. What I mean is whatever you get iphone or ipod touch, do jailbreak it. It's easy and very rewarding. My apologies for such a long rant.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Might look foolish suggestion but still DID YOU TRIED searching available networks from your setting and see any network there? Try selecting one of them. Service not found comes when you are not connected to any network. I doubt it has something to do with unlocking :)[/QUOTE said:
i have done many of times but still problem is same ?the last option is jailbreak and unlock again.

zboy123

Broken In

kaushik dude still waiting for the upload :) .... btw I noticed that for my 3.1(un-JB) battery drains faster than previous 3.0.1(JB). Seems odd as Apple suggests it should improve battery life.
Posted again:
kaushik dude still waiting for the upload :) .... btw I noticed that for my 3.1(un-JB) battery drains faster than previous 3.0.1(JB). Seems odd as Apple suggests it should improve battery life.

Don't worry with the upload if not already done, turns out the race is on and by friday should be complete b/w ih8snow and geohot :)

Last edited:
OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Hi,

The creator is back.

Thanks Kaushik, you kept this thread alive.
Posted again:
iphone given by airtel and voda are not network locked. thats the reason they charged so much

They r network locked Kaushik Bhai.

I have tried it with MTNL SIM, but it failed to register.

Last edited:

zboy123

Broken In

but they were meant to be locked for a year only na? The Airtel rep who sold me told me then that they'll unlock it after a year.

I wanna enjoy 3G@MTNL. Edge sucks bigtime. I still have a couple of months before I can get it unlocked. Did anyone here get it unlocked officially?
Posted again:
ohhh and welcome back Tanmay :)

Last edited:

the.kaushik

Hi,

The creator is back.

Posted again:

But then how vodafone sim works on my phone ?
Posted again:
or may be its unlocked to airtel and voda only .. funny..

Last edited:

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

## GOOD NEWS ##

For all iPhone 3G & 3GS lovers!

A powerful add-on battery is spotted,huge 3000mAh!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/1527_iphone_super_charger_1.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/1527_iphone_super_charger_3.jpg

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/1527_iphone_super_charger_4.jpg

Link: *www.usbfever.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=1527

I'll try to buy & give u all a feedback,if anyone gets this,plz leave ur review!

zboy123

Broken In

I'll try to buy & give u all a feedback,if anyone gets this,plz leave ur review!

Do tell us if it helps as I always thought it's a hassle to carry a separate battery. Just make it a point to always plug in your iPhone into car charger every time you're driving. It helps a lot. I would be interested in your review as to how helpful this is. As a power user battery is always an issue. I am never able to use Push :(

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

One More Gr8 news for iPhone 3G/3GS lovers: "Photoshop for iPhone"

Adobe Systems on 9th Oct'09 introduced a new Photoshop app for iPhone users that lets them edit photos from both their phone and their online library on Photoshop.com.

The app is free of charge and offers tools such as cropping, image rotation, color controls, and simple one-touch filter effects that can change the look and feel of shots all at once. It also features undo and redo controls so that if users make a mistake, or want to revert back to the original, it takes just a few taps.

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_0627.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_0632.png

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_0639.png

Above all,this application is "TOALLY FREE"! (unfortunately not available in Indian Store yet,BUT,expected soon!)

Last edited:

the.kaushik

Hi,

The creator is back.

Posted again:

ya its locked :(

total shti ... i never knew it.

oval_man

Journeyman

Iphone 3GS won't come to India,Airtel & Vodafone are confused by the backlog of more than 20,000 iphone3g pieces,they can't return it also,heavy loss,they will never imagine another iphone investment?!

congrats dude@dhan-shh for your 3gs,

other guys,don't worry,we'll directly get iphone 4g???!!!!

*i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp357/oval_man/iphone_ultra_4g_concept.jpg

*i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp357/oval_man/concept-iphone1.jpg

"Untouchability is a crime,so all must buy a 'Touch' phone"

the.kaushik

Iphone 3GS won't come to India,Airtel & Vodafone are confused by the backlog of more than 20,000 iphone3g pieces,they can't return it also,heavy loss,they will never imagine another iphone investment?!

congrats dude@dhan-shh for your 3gs,

other guys,don't worry,we'll directly get iphone 4g???!!!!

*i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp357/oval_man/iphone_ultra_4g_concept.jpg

*i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp357/oval_man/concept-iphone1.jpg

"Untouchability is a crime,so all must buy a 'Touch' phone"

LOL Iphone OS 2.7 :D Dude thats just photoshop :)

Top Bottom