Official iOS devices thread

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
GreenPois0n for Untethered 4.2.1 Jailbreak is Released

p0sixninja and the chronic dev have just released their 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak. As of now it is limited to Mac, but we can probably expect a Windows version in the next week or so.The exploit they used for 4.2.1 has been patched in 4.3 so they had to hurry and release this.There is link below for tutorial.

Toturial

Chronic DevTeam removed the download link of GP RC5-1 due some bugs which will be fixed in RC6. You can still download the software from other mirror, but be aware of the bugs. If something won’t work as advertised, it’a not your or our fault. The software is just buggy and if like try it in your own risk or otherwise you have to wait for RC6.

Mirror is Updated RC5-2

Mirror GP RC5-2

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

Why not it will recognizing your idevice as well sync all your app with idevice same as work normal.Do you have jailbreak earlier ?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

No, too scared to do it.

Could you please how does a jailbreak exacty help?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Its very easy to jailbreak your firmware or any firmware.But you have very old FW the most of app are coming for 4x they also support 3.1.3 but rare.Ok tell what you want to do and how i can help you.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

last Sunday i tried to update to 4.2.1 , my bsnl net had some problem so I pressed pause download.i had downloaded some 120 mb.

Whem I pressed resume download again started from 0

I have the Rs 250 plan which has 1 gb free. Hence if I restart again I will receive a huge bill

can we add each other as forum friend? Will ask you what to do after I update.

Thanks for offering help!

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

I suggest you to wait for a while because still 4.2.1 JB is out for Mac you have to wait for the window version but if have Mac so no problem.Is there no one who can help you in your downloading if don't find near your home so you can ask here I hope there are lot of member who can help you.It will better if upgrade your bsnl plan to 500 2.5 GB 2 to 6 AM free downloading,i don't if there any changes in plan.Why not you can add me on your friend list.You are welcome always mate.

Last edited:

VarDOS

15.0 GHz

BSNL discontinued the Home500 plans, atleast I had a look over it.

Greenpois0n RC5 for Windows will appear in a day or two, so as @Nightmare said Jailbreak your device in next month after a stable JB has arrived.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

RC5 is updated the bug has been fixed but still JB is for Mac.MacStories is today citing a reliable source saying that iOS 4.3 will be delivered to end users on Feb 14th at the normal 10am PT.MacStories was a few weeks off on their 4.2 prediction (Wifi Bugs?) and previously reported 4.3 would come in December. Hopefully this is a different source. We’re pencilling it in because we hope they’ve nailed this one :D

Last edited:

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

Again Thanx @nightmare for your wonderful Tutorial and its links,

But,I had a BAD experience with 'Greenp0ison' which is at this stage useless!

Initially,I was happy to get my iP4 jailbroken with GP and I could install Cydia.

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/gp1.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1208.png

I was happy to see all my purchased Apps are there waiting for installation (except iBlacklist)

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1210r.jpg

Even after installing selected apps,the problem of HANGING started,OMG this is unpardonable with my iP4 which is supposed to be a 'breezy' smarty.

Previously I had a very bad experience with my OLD iphone 3GS while restoring,luckily my iP4 is factory unlocked,so I didn't have any problem in RESTORING back to my just previous state,but at the cost of "6 HOURS"----OMG!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/restore2.jpg

GP is obviously very BUGGY,not advisable for JB at this stage (as already warned by @nightmare)

Back to my routine iP4 usage,such a great mobile doesn't need JB (IMHO)

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

^^ yes GP RC5-1 was buggy and I updated the mirror now you can download GP RC5-2, I think you also downloaded the GP RC5-1 that why you get some error and buggy with JB and also lot of other user having the same issue and this was the reason after few hour GP site get down but actually chronic team was working to fix the error and issue which user are facing.But they updated with GP RC5-2.

@dhan_shh My idevice is also factory unlocked but its like dead if the phone not JB.I can't do lot of thing with my idevice which i want to do like customization,tweak and obviously cydia app such as: VoiceActivator,Videolock and SBsetting and so on.

First I want say all of you who using iphone always save your SHSH bobs and try to use custom firmware which prevent your baseband,So you can still unlock your idevice. If any one having problem with Loaders won't install cydia, you can just run redsn0w, deselect the monty option and install Cydia. Or just restart your iPhone and loader will work.

GreenPois0n Windows is out.Greepois0n gonna be down so I download fast and upload.

*i.imgur.com/QjbFl.png *i.imgur.com/wUaY7.jpg

*i.imgur.com/4tWHX.png

Updated GreenPois0n RC5 b4.This fixes bugs and allows jailbreak for Verizon iPhones running Firmware 4.2.6

Click on Download

Oh Miss one thing damm i am too fast and updated like "Aaj Tak".

Last edited:

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

^^^Thanx for Windows link,

I'm going to try again JB in iP4!

Happy news for all iPhone/iPod users:

"Live Wallpaper for iPhone" : Animated (Live) HD Wallpapers for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G and iPod touch(Video) | TheTechJournal.com

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

There are few people in this thread its looking like few user have idevice or may be not active.

Last edited:

VarDOS

15.0 GHz

Trying this JB on iPT 2G will tell about the experience later.

Top Bottom