Official iOS devices thread

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

Mine is 3G as i bought it. i didnot do any update.

whenever i run blackra1n its hangs at "done,wait from reboot" my Itouch never reboot (it too hangs with black screen) and i have to press home+power to switch off and switch on.

i couldnt do jailbreaking.
hmmmm in that case go through this *3.ly/TLNP
tethered jailbreak is available for 3G it seems, I guess you know what a tethered jailbreak is, if not then tethered means .......every time you restart your iPt you have to connect it throught pc and switch it on using blackrain otherwise it won't boot, else better wait for untethered one.

sachitgul

Journeyman

today i installed some apps from cydia and i got this in my packages..

SpringBoardAccess..

which i did not download..

what is this??
is it ok if i delete it??

will it make my apps not work or smtn???

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

today i installed some apps from cydia and i got this in my packages..

SpringBoardAccess..

which i did not download..

what is this??
is it ok if i delete it??

will it make my apps not work or smtn???
Did you install any bluetooth apps??
SpringboardAccess description says it all
MobileSubstrate extension that allows to control status bar icons from background daemons The SpringBoardAccess provides access to SpringBboard functionality for non-GUI applications such as background daemons. So far, it allows to add and remove icons to the status bar by name.
So don't worry :)
Click this link to verify the same on bigboss.org
*3.ly/XyA

Most of the apps require such extensions which are installed automatically i.e without confirming so don't worry

sachitgul

Journeyman

Did you install any bluetooth apps??
SpringboardAccess description says it all
So don't worry :)
Click this link to verify the same on bigboss.org
*3.ly/XyA

Most of the apps require such extensions which are installed automatically i.e without confirming so don't worry

Actually I had installed a NES emulator but since it didn't work I removed it and still I have that SpringBoardAccess thing...

Also I installed a GBA emulator which works fine after removing the NES one..

So should I remove SpringBoardAccess???

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Actually I had installed a NES emulator but since it didn't work I removed it and still I have that SpringBoardAccess thing...

Also I installed a GBA emulator which works fine after removing the NES one..

So should I remove SpringBoardAccess???
Just check whether any app depends on it before removing it.
I don't think it is for GBA emulator, So check which app depends on it.
Check for any apps which modify StatusBar like SBSettings or Erica tools like that

sachitgul

Journeyman

Just check whether any app depends on it before removing it.
I don't think it is for GBA emulator, So check which app depends on it.
Check for any apps which modify StatusBar like SBSettings or Erica tools like that

how do i find out which app uses it??

i think i do not have any apps which modify the status bar except sbssettings and erica tools and some sbssettings themes...

btw is there any harm in keeping SpringBoardAccess??

also i just put around 26 GBA games into my iPT and the "Other Memory" just jumped to 3.3gb while the games are just 250mb or so..

so what is this "other" memory??
or is my iPT corrupt??
since i had arond 550mb of "other" memory yesterday..

dreams

Gracias Senor

Hey I love to have my ITouch Jailbreaked. But the problem is i m unable to do that.
I bought ITouch from US and its version 3.1.2 (7D11) by default.
and the model is MC008LL.

I tried to jailbreak using Blackra1n latest version and it hangs saying

“done, waiting for reboot” and it NEVER REBOOTS.

I tired 30-40 times (run as admin/Xp comp mode and almost all combinations and it doesnot work.

Can 3.1.2 from apple can be jailbreaked or not?
You can Jb 3.1.2. Accor to ur serial number, urs is the 3G version. And Jb is a tethered one. I am using the same and used blackra1n RC to Jb it. I am not sure the latest RC2 will work with this MC version.
BTW, do you have iTunes installed? If yes, once you conn ur iPT to ur computer and if iTunes automatically starts, close it. Open taskmanager and end iTunes processes whatever is running like iTuneHelper et all. And then try to run blackra1n. If needed, I can send u the RC version of it.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

how do i find out which app uses it??

i think i do not have any apps which modify the status bar except sbssettings and erica tools and some sbssettings themes...

btw is there any harm in keeping SpringBoardAccess??

also i just put around 26 GBA games into my iPT and the "Other Memory" just jumped to 3.3gb while the games are just 250mb or so..

so what is this "other" memory??
or is my iPT corrupt??
since i had arond 550mb of "other" memory yesterday..
NO there is nothing harm in keeping SpringboardAccess, if it is not used then it is just a waste of space & more cydia files mean longer boot time :) that's it no harm.

Regarding the other memory, have you installed Photosafe or Videosafe??
Even I had the same problem with mine previously and it used to take hours to back up while syncing. So did a complete format without restoring backup and now other memory is ~500MB with all 9 Pages filled with apps :))
Are you experiencing long backup times while syncing??

sachitgul

Journeyman

NO there is nothing harm in keeping SpringboardAccess, if it is not used then it is just a waste of space & more cydia files mean longer boot time :) that's it no harm.

Regarding the other memory, have you installed Photosafe or Videosafe??
Even I had the same problem with mine previously and it used to take hours to back up while syncing. So did a complete format without restoring backup and now other memory is ~500MB with all 9 Pages filled with apps :))
Are you experiencing long backup times while syncing??

No bcz I dnt sync my apps bcz I can't...
If I do dat it says dat my FW is old and some software isn't compatible with the old FW...

But now interestingly my "other" memory is like 950mb which is still high...

Damn..
How is ur other memory so low inspite of having 9 pages of apps..???

manistar

Broken In

You can Jb 3.1.2. Accor to ur serial number, urs is the 3G version. And Jb is a tethered one. I am using the same and used blackra1n RC to Jb it. I am not sure the latest RC2 will work with this MC version.
BTW, do you have iTunes installed? If yes, once you conn ur iPT to ur computer and if iTunes automatically starts, close it. Open taskmanager and end iTunes processes whatever is running like iTuneHelper et all. And then try to run blackra1n. If needed, I can send u the RC version of it.

Please send me the version of blackra1n that works. i tried with both Rc2 and RC3

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

sriharsha_madineni: Dude try multifl0wpref it is complete multi tasking app for iphone

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

sriharsha_madineni: Dude try multifl0wpref it is complete multi tasking app for iphone

I use proSwitcher. Is this better than that? I am too lazy to uninstall and install this :D

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

^^^ it is the best...

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Someone back in this thread suggusted a battery pack for your iphone which was portable can someone recall its name please...

And need suggestion for a cheap bluetooth headset below 1.5 k

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Someone back in this thread suggusted a battery pack for your iphone which was portable can someone recall its name please...

And need suggestion for a cheap bluetooth headset below 1.5 k

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

@krates @the.kaushik

thank you :) tried proswitcher and it looks good and the activation methods seems to be the same for all these apps via Activator app.

Didn't try multiflow as it was a paid app and rock offers a trail of it na so will try that too
My take on those apps is proswitcher totally rocks if it had kirikae's other functionality like shortcut to fav apps and spotlight search.

Kirikae : more functionality

Proswitcher: better interface

multiflow: haven't tried yet and during installation it prompts to uninstall kirikae so I'll try this later
And thanks for the alternatives guys :)
For now I decided to use both :))

@krates
here's that post regarding the battery pack

Last edited:

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'

wats up guys... with appulo.us down and never coming back; what do you think our options are?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

wats up guys... with appulo.us down and never coming back; what do you think our options are?
We'll ...................you gotta search dude
Actually there are much better options out there
one being from the same guys who assocciated with appulo :))
Guess it :p

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

@sachit
You spilled the beans :evil: :p
Anyways you got your answers cliffhanger :))

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'

hmmm... so you think I haven't searched? Well, you got news.. app tracker etc.. had apps with not that good UI compared to what appulo was having and most of the links for the apps were dead :( ! I'll again; there's a bunch of em I didn't know of

Top Bottom