Official AT&T Pantech Burst Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hi all, i just thought it would be better if we have thread for this VFM phone. I recently bought new one for 8.4k and it is running like a beast.

Please post all your queries and known issues here. I will update the issues etc in main post, so it will be easier for all current/future owners of this mobile.

As of now i read that Flashing CWM6 will brick your phone. So beware of that.

Also, please post any links from where you can buy cases/screen-guards for this mobile.

Useful Links :

*pantechburst.blogspot.in/

Gizmolord ROM Video : *youtu.be/fhpiPhAUnSI

PICS :
*i.imgur.com/JeKl3fbl.jpg

Davempers ICS ROM links & help : Thanks to Klaw-24
ROM D/L Link : *download2.clockworkmod.com/developer/12715/4028/JUUS09032012-deodex.zip
Root it:

[Root]Pantech burst - GizmoLord Forum

Before you begin, you'll need to install Pantech PC Suite and PDANet. (Without PDANet, your computer may not recognize the phone once it's in fastboot. If that happens, just pull the battery and reboot.)

Pantech PC Suite: *c724062.r62.cf2.rackcdn.com/PantechPCSuite_1.1.1.3437.exe

PDANet: Download PdaNet+
If you have trouble getting the phone detected by the computer, try using the USB transfer mode on connection.

Install CWM recovery:

ClockWork Recovery Mod For Pantech Burst - GizmoLord Forum

Unlock bootloader:

How to Unlock Bootlaoder in Pantech burst - GizmoLord Forum

Download Davemper's ICS:

*level99.thestuffoflegends.net/Burst/JUUS09032012.zip

De-odexed:

*developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/12715/4028/JUUS09032012-deodex.zip

Installation:

*Copy the file to the root of your external SD card.
*Turn off your phone.
*Power it up while holding the volume down key (release the power button once you see the Pantech logo appear on the screen, but keep the vol. down key pressed until you boot into CWM recovery).
*Go to Mounts and storage and select Format /system
*Select Install zip from SD card --> Choose zip from external SD card
*Select the zip file you copied earlier and install it.
*Wipe data/factory Reset
*Clear dalvik cache
*Mount /system from mounts and storage
*Reboot

How to install CM10. Step by Step guide. It works if you follow properly and no risk of bricking device. Although if something happens, don't blame anyone other than you. :D
1. Burst Hack Kit - Easy way to Root & Install CWM Recovery in your phone.
2. Download CM10 & GApps from here - XDA Thread
3. Place your zip in sdcard.
4. Go to Recovery by pressing volume down+power button while booting.
5. Clear Wipe Data / Factory reset and clear dalvik cache from advance menu .
6. Install from SD/EXT-Sd ( Where you put simply select that one)
7. Choose zip and confirm action .
8. Reboot

Update CM10 from old build
Don't wipe data/factory reset if you want to keep apps and data...
1. Wipe cache
2. Wipe dalvik cache
3. Format system
4. Flash ROM
5. Mount system (optional, it doesn't make a diff. But I do it )
6. Flash gapps

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
Re: Official AT&T Pantech Burst Thread

I was about to create a thread of Burst very soon !
You did it :lol:

Bought Burst for 7.6k
and screen guard for $1.99 Link

Hi all, i just thought it would be better if we have thread for this VFM phone. I recently bought new one for 8.4k and it is running like a beast.

Please post all your queries and known issues here. I will update the issues etc in main post, so it will be easier for all current/future owners of this mobile.

As of now i read that Flashing CWM6 will brick your phone. So beware of that.

Also, please post any links from where you can buy cases/screen-guards for this mobile.
Out dated news :D
Some good guy fixed it ;)
BTW this blog got tut

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive

You missed my thread ;)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/169988-advice-mobile-under-8-5k.html

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^Sub 10k phone but still no other option till 18k to beat this phone. Then L9 comes to picture. :D

Guys, can somebody give some link from where i can buy screenguard and cover. No ebay.com. ebay.in is ok.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^Sub 10k phone but still no other option till 18k to beat this phone. Then L9 comes to picture. :D

Guys, can somebody give some link from where i can buy screenguard and cover. No ebay.com. ebay.in is ok.
Only one available: Screen Guard For Pantech Burst P9070 (Matte Finish) | eBay

Snag it fast.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Only one available: Screen Guard For Pantech Burst P9070 (Matte Finish) | eBay

Snag it fast.

Gracias, amigo! Just ordered it. Still waiting for the phone to be shipped, but preparing for its arrival. :D

And BTW, in all the pics that I've seen, the charger appears like it would require an adapter to plug into our wall sockets. Is that correct?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@tkin : I missed it. Anyways he will restock it by 24th. So i will get it after that. Planning to buy a hard TPU case from E, from user prateekS. Damn, it costs 600 bucks. My SL case, iAccy costs me just 400 bucks. :(

tkin

Back to school!!

Gracias, amigo! Just ordered it. Still waiting for the phone to be shipped, but preparing for its arrival. :D

And BTW, in all the pics that I've seen, the charger appears like it would require an adapter to plug into our wall sockets. Is that correct?
Yeah, since its US, you can get an adapter for 50/- in any local electronic shop, also make sure the chargers is rated for say 110-220v, at least the upper limit should be 220v, also, 50Hz, for India: Mains electricity by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS: I think it will, most electronic items have universal range, just so if it doesn't, you need something like this: *www.ebay.in/itm/50-Watt-Step-Down-..._203&hash=item232837f903&_uhb=1#ht_1953wt_906

@tkin : I missed it. Anyways he will restock it by 24th. So i will get it after that. Planning to buy a hard TPU case from E, from user prateekS. Damn, it costs 600 bucks. My SL case, iAccy costs me just 400 bucks. :(
Why buy second hand?
*www.ebay.in/itm/PANTECH-BURST-P907...ies&hash=item2ec61be974&_uhb=1#ht_3977wt_1139

Wait, its still available, its more than 10 available, get it.
*i.imgur.com/kFo3kcy.png

vaibhav99

Broken In
hi all
wow gr8 .. burst thread ... keeping watch on this phone for very long time.. its one of the beast in <10k category .. personally i dont have it
for screen guards u can try this .. The Best Screen Protectors and Full Body Skins | Xtreme Guard
currently offer is going on ...77% off and $0.99 international shipping .. so u get at throwaway prices .. worth a risk .. but they post thru usps so delays (also check ur area if it serviced by usps from usps site )...
if you are in hurry then u can try ebay... but have to go tru global buy .. eay.in hardly have anything for this model

Vaibhav

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
hi all
wow gr8 .. burst thread ... keeping watch on this phone for very long time.. its one of the beast in <10k category .. personally i dont have it
for screen guards u can try this .. The Best Screen Protectors and Full Body Skins | Xtreme Guard
currently offer is going on ...77% off and $0.99 international shipping .. so u get at throwaway prices .. worth a risk .. but they post thru usps so delays ...
if you are in hurry then u can try ebay... but have to go tru global buy .. eay.in hardly have anything for this model

Vaibhav
Hmm, looks like you didn't check the link I gave :-?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Re: Official AT&amp;amp;T Pantech Burst Thread

Yeah, since its US, you can get an adapter for 50/- in any local electronic shop, also make sure the chargers is rated for say 110-220v, at least the upper limit should be 220v, also, 50Hz, for India: Mains electricity by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS: I think it will, most electronic items have universal range, just so if it doesn't, you need something like this: 50 Watt Step-Down Voltage Converter 220V to 110V - 50Watt (3PIN SOCKET) | eBay

Why buy second hand?
PANTECH BURST P9070 COVER SOFT TPU GEL SKIN CASE , BLACK, IMPORTED FROM USA!! | eBay

Wait, its still available, its more than 10 available, get it.
*i.imgur.com/kFo3kcy.png

Nope. Check the link. It say's 10/10 sold.

Also, case is new. Not used one.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
When phone is turned on, i see a white circle in center of screen. It is clearly visible in white background. Does someone else face this? Is this an issue with display?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Re: Official AT&amp;T Pantech Burst Thread

^^ GB still is running in most of devices. It's just that i am waiting for stable ICS/JB update/ROM. Once i find some, i will start installing it. Till then i don't mind those facepalms. :D

@All

Can someone give solution to my problem? A circle patch appears in middle of screen, and clearly visible with bright backgrounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom