Odd Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
...hii ..
recently i was experiencing problems with my mobo(MSI)
i changed to abit IP 35E but am experiencing odd problems....
1. i have a sparkle 8500GT 512MB i installed the vista newly but whenever i tried installing the driver (even from other sources than the CD) the next time i boot there is a black screen after windows loads and then in a blue screen it shows dumping physical memory.....and restarts.....
2.... during the post screen when the msgs show like BIOS version etc they are all jabbled up i mean like 512MB RAM is written as 512 M@ RAm the words are displaced.... like version has become quersion etc....HELP SOS

amitash

Intel OCer
Something may be messed up with the cards ROM as its not a mobo problem...Try to get a replacement for it

You may also try to flash the cards ROM...try getting a ROM from somewere and flash using nvidia bios editor

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Which power supply? What are the temps displayed in BIOS?
Go to safe mode, disable all start up items via MSCONFIG on run and restart. If it boots up, google for the software called orthos and run it for 5 hours and dont use the pc for that time. If it survives, it was one of the one of those disabled software conflicting with your issue- most probably some drivers. If orthos gives any errors or if it restarts- there are 2 possibility- ram or power supply.
Try booting the pc with a single ram on the first DIMM slot. If it doesnt work, swap the first ram with the second and put it on the first DIMM slot. Give it a shot again. If it doesnt than most probably both the rams died. Why both rams died- 2 reasons. Manufacturing defect- sometimes they come as soon as they are on and sometimes it takes ages. I rather would have used transcend than zion. The second is that power supply has fried your rams. If this is true, its a good thing it didnt fry your hard drives.
Let us know once you have progressed.

OP
sourishzzz1234

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
RAM i don think so.....for am able to work on it...am sending these msgs frm my comp only....the jabbled up words r only there during booting untill the OS select menu is shown.....

amitash

Intel OCer
Which power supply? What are the temps displayed in BIOS?
Go to safe mode, disable all start up items via MSCONFIG on run and restart. If it boots up, google for the software called orthos and run it for 5 hours and dont use the pc for that time. If it survives, it was one of the one of those disabled software conflicting with your issue- most probably some drivers. If orthos gives any errors or if it restarts- there are 2 possibility- ram or power supply.
Try booting the pc with a single ram on the first DIMM slot. If it doesnt work, swap the first ram with the second and put it on the first DIMM slot. Give it a shot again. If it doesnt than most probably both the rams died. Why both rams died- 2 reasons. Manufacturing defect- sometimes they come as soon as they are on and sometimes it takes ages. I rather would have used transcend than zion. The second is that power supply has fried your rams. If this is true, its a good thing it didnt fry your hard drives.
Let us know once you have progressed.

i thought of conflicting processes first but that doesnt explain the crap hes getting during POST so i think its the card BIOS issue...To be safe use driver cleaner pro to remove all drivers, then install nvidia drivers and give it a go...And since he can work on the comp i really cant see any RAM issues...Maybe some strong electromagnetic disturbances damaged the card....Was the card working fine on the older mobo? if so it mite also be a mobo issue...try flashing your mobo to the latest BIOS

EDIT: you can get latest BIOS for your mobo here *www.abit.com.tw/page/en/download/d...d&pTITLE_ON_SCREEN=IP35-E&pSOCKET_TYPE=LGA775

OP
sourishzzz1234

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
No i experienced the same problem with the older mobo also..... for flashing the card please can u provide me the details and the firmware......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom