Odd bus speeds on Athlon64 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekgod

Journeyman
very good benchies..
but i'd suggest you complete at least two passes of memtest86+..even if you have to wait..passing the test guarantees ur ram is stable and ur data wont be screwed up..:)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
After the oc my windows bootup has become slower than usual. Ive not installed any softies in this period or changed any windows setings. Is it due to mem oc?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ive reinstalled windows nd its back on track nd is faster than before..Actualy for the last 2 years Ive to reinstall the OS every month for running without any problem..same happened here.
Now looking for same model another 2x512 for making the total a 2GB, for more perfomance nd as a preperation for Vista.

Kniwor

Learner
@aravind_n20
you will be sorry to learn that another pair of 512 Mb will not give u any performance boost, infact, it will drop the performance, u got A8N-E, as i see, u can hope to run them at 400Mhz if u get the same exact ram with same timings, and preferably same factory, otherwise, ur timings will drop, and so will the performance, if u wanna put in 2 Gb, sell this sticks and get 2x1Gb sticks to run in dual channel.

Mayur

Broken In
Man did you look at cpu multiplier
5X !!!! I have it default 9X
so 200*9=1800Mhz
So my processor runs at 1.8Ghz

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Oh my god, how many times do I have to say it?
I'll say it again.
Cool 'N' Quiet
Cool 'N' Quiet
Cool 'N' Quiet
Cool 'N' Quiet
Cool 'N' Quiet

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yaaaa ive beaten AMD FX 60 in all benchies on Sisoft Sandra nd everest with 4200@2.8Ghz. But FX 62 AM2 is soewhat tough as it too runs at 2.8 nd has DDR2 800Mhz.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Ur oc'ed X2 4200+ is more like a X2 5000+ right now ... so ... + u've that uber cool oc'ed ram .. that helps a lot in mem. business . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom